Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: [Game mode] blind pick

[Game mode] blind pick

With the enhanced level of competitiveness in AP, and people scolding you for your picks even though it's AP and not CM, a time has come for a well-organized BP mode that would remove or replace AP as the default game mode. There are few ways we can do this, and the choise is yours.

A: The LoL formula. Teammates can pick same heroes, but team can see what heroes you take.
    - Could solve the biggest and most unbalanced problem in AP pubs, wich is un-organized counter-picking. Let's face it, AP is never meant for counterpicking anyway, and it never was a big problem in WC3 DotA, but now with MMR and all, people are suddenly playing AP on a very competitive level, creating the need for a counterpicking-free blind pick mode.
    B: The universal formula. It's a bit better but more complicated system to make. Essentially in the options you could select 10 heroes in a preference order, if 1. is taken you will pick 2, etc.
    - While it does have it's problems, it avoids the problems of duplicate heroes in the aforementioned LoL mode, and it removes teammates scolding you for picking what you actually want in an AP mode. While I said this CAN lead to a more chaotic team, it's only CAN becouse most likely in pubs people are gonna pick the heroes they want anyway. Mostly it would just reduce or remove the inneccessant rage wich would occur when people in team don't pick "supports" or any other "heroes that they want," wich was recognized as a problem that Valve tried to solve that earlier with the mute system.
    Last edited by Kaiverrettu; 08-15-2013 at 09:34 AM.

Banned
    No, picking and counter picking is part of the game.

Removing AP is silly, let the unwashed masses have their plebeian game mode.

That said I'd be all for adding blind pick.

edit: What I'd really like as an alternative to allpick, though, is alternating pick. The worst part of AP right now is the game of "chicken" as people wait until the last second to pick heroes.
    Last edited by func_door; 08-15-2013 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noo View Post
    I see you don't understand, so look at it this way. Team A has 5 players that DON'T wait just to counterpick, and team B has 2-3 smart players who wait JUST to counterpick, if even more. Becouse there are no set rules, it is possible to create a completely overwhelm the other team who is not prepared to counterpick with counterpicks. What's more, unlike in CM, there are no things like picking order, bans and for the last pick choosing the side of map you wish to play on. All of things are huge and contribute further towards the imbalance of counterpicking in AP pubs.

For counterpicking to work, there would need to be an established picking order and preferally, also bans to counter certain strats. This then would make AP nothing short of a CM mode, wich already exists, so this would not really be a valid option either. The only option then would be to remove AP wich now has become nothing but a strain and toxic towards the general public gaming as of late.
    Last edited by Kaiverrettu; 12-15-2013 at 06:22 PM.

Or you simply accept that people want AP. You've tried this before if I remember correctly and you got the same responses. AP will stay, deal with it.
    If you think I've closed or deleted a post unjustified, feel free to PM me and I'll explain it to you/discuss it with you further.

I wish we could have just discussed the main idea put forward, without the ridiculous rider of "remove the most popular pick mode"

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Noo View Post
    yep, and it is called a CAPTAINS MODE

Quote Originally Posted by Cordwainer View Post
    yep, and it is called a CAPTAINS MODE
    actually it's in a lot of pick modes. Basically all of them...

blind pick is useless, it will only create more unbalanced games and complains about one sided games since you cant counter pick, but ppl will blame MM.
    Read this if you want to know why so many games is very one sided: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?...l=1#post436467

Basic Member
    first we need a HARD TIME DEADLINE for picks and after that forced random with no bonus gold

pick at 00:02 game time and pauses for late picks is just not fair game