Thread: [Suggestion] Item Description >> Special Effects

Basic Member

[Suggestion] Item Description >> Special Effects

I think it will be great if in the item description, there's a "special effects" section that clearly explains if an item has special feature. For example:

A Bit of Boat (tide, mythical), special effects: particle effect on each melee attack (wood particles).
    Mace of the Chosen (abaddon, immortal), special effects: custom Apothic Shield effects.
    Blood Chaser (axe, mythical), special effects: smoke and sparks when dragged; new sound effect for Counter Helix.
    Naval Mine (tide, com), special effects: smoke and sparks when dragged.

It will be great to clearly know what an item does, especially when it does something special like having new spell visuals, new sound effects, new particles, new ranged projectiles, etc. It might also help the Store to sell items.

Indeed, it gives insight what the item has to offer.
    Good suggestion!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Re-l Mayer View Post
    Indeed, it gives insight what the item has to offer.
    Good suggestion!
    Thanks. At this point, googling might answer if an item has special effect. But we've got "item description", so why not put the information there right?

Many mythicals (and above) are not known of what they really does. How people would be interested in buying them if they don't know what special feature they have. The same for opening chests.

+1 to this good suggestion

Basic Member
    What so special to Naval Mine ??

seems many peoples want to see it become immortal ~

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tatty727 View Post
    What so special to Naval Mine ??

seems many peoples want to see it become immortal ~
    Naval Mine have custom visual effects of smoke and sparks when dragged around. Tide's default offhand (and many custom item offhand) do not have any smoke or spark or anything when dragged. So it's quite a significant visual feature (compared to default Tidehunter). In a sense, naval mine should be in the same class with squiddles. Naval mine gives custom smoke and spark effect, squiddles give custom wet trail. But naval mine is common, squiddles is mythical.

I guess if an item gives custom visual effect, Valve will label it as no less than mythical. But naval mine was one of earliest items in the game, probably at that time Valve didn't have such standard for labeling as of now.