Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we end the rant about ti3 couriers?

Basic Member

Can we end the rant about ti3 couriers?

They weren't supposed to be normal at the first place.
    Even historically unboxed versions did not differ from the secret shop ones (see: ti2 couriers).

Also, please stop with this "not fair" thing. Nobody forced you to unbox the crates (it was you who took the gamble) and there was no reason to take unboxed "exclusiveness" for granted. That was a speculation, nothing else.

Lastly, don't use that "secret shop couriers are cheaper" argument. You have to take travel/food/accomodation/ticket costs into consideration. However, talented mathematicians post the following: 50$ for cool merch plus free courier whereas I had to spend 100 x 2.5$ to get one (which is actually funny, because this 1% chance of unboxing an unusual courier is also a speculation that is purely based on this dota2wiki page)
    Last edited by andzie; 08-18-2013 at 01:43 AM.

+1 end it already and when we try to sell it ppl call it fake courier " LOL " as if we made it at home , noobs

Banned
    now why do you think no tourny cours this year ..? and two other thing not everything should be like next year. and the effect should be only from boxes ... its like you will say on wardogs ef effect only cheasts gives you effect . they flew to watch the tournement not to go and buy merchndise to rip us all 60$ for luckbox when they payed 10 $ ..... and you just cant come and say they flew its more expensive they flew to watch the internationals not to buy merchndise and you say luck and gamble i dont recall its not luck getting ti3 tickets now they got a bonous courier that will sell nice and like last year have the same own cour effect trap green coins etc.. the green particle should be a rare special think they could unbox for it they dont need it all they already came ready and stacked 5 couriers each from secret shop flooding the market you cant give them exclusive items like vyse and see them scam and rippff people and give them more
    Last edited by shlomi8780; 08-18-2013 at 02:20 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shlomi8780 View Post
    first of all stfu.
    Small tip: you discredit your entire post with such openings. Also, you clearly were not trying to get a ti3 ticket, because otherwise you'd have known how lucky was it to buy one (never forget)

There are countless other threads open, why are you making another one and then claiming to end the rant? You're only making it worse, that's all. Also, last year, there were Tournament tagged couriers and normal ones. Both were unusual. I don't see you crying about making last year's couriers getting a tournament tag? It's the same thing here.

Banned
    if it was lucky only going there you just made my point they cant have it all they were lucky enough to get other rare merchendise like flower treants and luckboxes and vyse and they to see the tourny not to sell merchendise and they came ready this year and everyone stacked 5 cours each check nz inventory just as exemple

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flamindude99 View Post
    Also, last year, there were Tournament tagged couriers and normal ones. Both were unusual. I don't see you crying about making last year's couriers getting a tournament tag? It's the same thing here.
    Excuse me, what? You do know how tournament couriers were distributed, right? It's not even remotely the same thing.

It is actually. They got tags because they dropped in-game. At that time there weren't any effect couriers that were unboxxed. This year, there were several, which is why Valve introduced them with effects. Last year, Ti2 couriers dropped with tags and were more valuable than the normal ones acquired via courier cards and crates. Where was your rant then? You attended the Ti2 then (perhaps). Why aren't you claiming "Oh i stayed there blah blah spent money etc now give them tags and make them as valuable as the ones with tags, if not more." It is the exact same situation.

Edit: And last year, all of them were unusual to begin with. This year the courier cards were Usual from the start and then changed to Unusual. You should be happy that they atleast got a boost in their value, even if it was slight. Yes, we took a gamble opening chests, our money, our wish? Same thing for you, you took a gamble in going to Seattle and buying merchandise expecting that the couriers would have an effect and be exactly similar to the ones from the crates, but unfortunately it didn't fall through and now you're here whining. Why didn't you make a rant there asking them to have effects and the tags? It would have been so much easier.
    Last edited by flamindude99; 08-18-2013 at 02:35 AM.

Basic Member
    When I read your screenshot, You are asking if they can fix your courier not being UNUSUAL, they became UNUSUAL right?

She says the issue should be resolved now... so the couriers aren't getting the effect and it's all speculation?

Also, I want to add, while you are saying "Can we end the rant about ti3 couriers?" it's easy for you people that got the "Normal" courier to forget about it, because you guys are getting an upgrade

The people (like me) that own an unboxed courier are getting a downgrade, we can't "end the rant" as easy as you guys.
    Last edited by jrh_101; 08-18-2013 at 06:56 AM.

Basic Member
    Just add particles to secret shop couriers and make them not tradeable/marketeable.
    Win/win to everyone except scammers and people with 5+ couriers stacked to sell later.