Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Game registers "tu" as "ty", creating interesting spanish language situations

Basic Member

Game registers "tu" as "ty", creating interesting spanish language situations

So I played a game against a visage in the us east server, and he kept typing "tu madre puta" (your mom, bitch), which then kept playing visage's 'thank you' lines.
    'tu' translates to "your" or "you" (minus the accent), which is a common word in the spanish language, and the game probably registers "tu" as a typo for "ty", so this should probably get removed.

ty thank you, tu thank u

Basic Member
    You have a point.. it's a word in French and Portuguese as well

Basic Member
    Well... then they also should do smth to "ty" since most russian speaking ppl type "ty" (means you) when they write russian in Latin letters...

"ty" also mean "fu.k your unlogical thread" in some african clans....

If Valve going to scan all languages for absurd meanings...Then we have a lot of work to do.

Bastion announcer registers any word containing "gg" as a comment about giving up.
    It boGGles my mind how badly triGGered that line is!

On topic: There's a ton of work to be done amongst all the announcers and hero line triggers. So many weird things that had been around for ages that never get worked on... but they can't and shouldn't take every language in consideration when excluding common abbreviations.

It shouldn't be too hard to have localization implemented on those features.

On the other hand, it has not bothered me once in two years, can't say that it is too important for me.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffys good View Post
    ty thank you, tu thank u
    That's retarded.

This gets fixed in four days (see 8/22 patch notes) and nothing gets done about MM? Jesus.
    We need a player review system like Overwatch for DotA 2. Get real people to judge communication abuse, intentional skill abuse, and intentional feeding.

merci fenix

The guy/s who is/are responsible for this is/are not responsible for the mm system.
    Please, just call me buny.