Thread: [Confirmed] Control group selection retains active command cursor

Basic Member

[Confirmed] Control group selection retains active command cursor

So seeing as Valve is fixing unit-boxing, but didn't fix this despite my posting about it in the last thread, I'm re-posting this as it's own bug.

Summary:
    In Warcraft 3 (hell, in every Blizzard RTS), selecting a different set of units via control group (I think it also applies to re-selecting the same set of units, but I haven't confirmed) resets your current command cursor to the default selection cursor. However, in DotA 2, your existing command cursor is retained, which makes ordering multiple groups of units clunky.

Repro:
    1) Pick a hero that summons units (e.g. Furion). Create those units.
    2) Bind your hero to one control group, and bind those units to another (e.g. Furion on 1, Treants on 2).
    3) With only the hero selected, press A (or whatever you bound Attack to). Do NOT left-click to issue the attack order yet.
    4) Select your other units via their control group.

Expected Result:
    Your cursor is reset to the standard selection cursor. if you left-click on the ground, no command is issued to your selected units.

Actual Result:
    Your attack cursor is retained. Left-clicking the ground issues an attack-move command to the newly selected set of units even though you pressed your Attack key for a different set of units.

Volunteer Moderator
    I'll try to test this tonight, I should have some time... PM me if I don't get back to this within 24 hours

Volunteer Moderator
    Cheers for the PM, I was looking for it :P Confirmed.