Thread: Urgent bug as of 23 August: Tutorial 2 unfinishable

Urgent bug as of 23 August: Tutorial 2 unfinishable

This was reported in the middle of another thread, first by Pae (see here). But it deserves its own thread.

Prior to today's update, Tutorial 2 started the player with a lot of gold. Now, however, you start with 603 gold, and this is mysteriously lost when you last-hit a creep.

It is almost impossible to finish the tutorial now as you will not be able to afford all the items you are told to buy. This bug will prevent new players from advancing, since tutorials are mandatory. It is therefore extremely urgent.

Note that just fixing the bug where you lose 603 gold on the first last-hit will not be sufficient. The player needs to start with 2000 or something (which used to be the case).

Edit: for verification, other posts about this are now here and here.

Edit 2: As a workaround, it's been claimed that the console command "dota_full_ui 1" will allow new players to skip the tutorial. I can't easily verify that, but it's worth a try. See here for instructions on enabling the console.
    Last edited by Fizz; 08-23-2013 at 07:17 PM.
    Fizz on dev.dota2.com / Jimmy M on Youtube (a pseudonym)

Fixed in today's Update 3.
    Fizz on dev.dota2.com / Jimmy M on Youtube (a pseudonym)

Basic Member
    I am having this problem today: 24 August, 2013.

The first creep I last-hit with Sniper, my 603 gold resets my gold to 0 + the last hit gold.

I agree, this is urgent. It is totally preventing me from playing the game.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bluepuyo View Post
    I am having this problem today: 24 August, 2013.

The first creep I last-hit with Sniper, my 603 gold resets my gold to 0 + the last hit gold.

I agree, this is urgent. It is totally preventing me from playing the game.
    What I ended up doing is damaging the units but not getting the last shot intentionally (until I got the boots and ring).