Thread: [Confirmed] Tether and shackleshot not properly shown if the target is invisible

[Confirmed] Tether and shackleshot not properly shown if the target is invisible

Probably because invisible hero position is not telemetered to opposing team
    Shackle shot:
    Dota 2:

Dota 1:

Tether:
    Dota 2:

Dota 1:

Adding.

Edited title so that the confirmed tag fits in.
    Last edited by bu3ny; 08-24-2013 at 07:16 AM.
    Please, just call me buny.

Pretty sure this wont be fixed for ages, as the client simply doesn't know Rikkis position. Shakle should not only transmitt the target but also it's coordinates :/
    If you think I've closed or deleted a post unjustified, feel free to PM me and I'll explain it to you/discuss it with you further.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryil- View Post
    Pretty sure this wont be fixed for ages, as the client simply doesn't know Rikkis position. Shakle should not only transmitt the target but also it's coordinates :/
    Wouldn't it be possible to make your client only receive those infos when invisible units are affected by those spells?
    Please, just call me buny.

Quote Originally Posted by bu3ny View Post
    Wouldn't it be possible to make your client only receive those infos when invisible units are affected by those spells?
    That's what I ment with "Sha(c)kle should not only transmitt the target but also it's coordinates".
    They have to change the netcode for these skills and I doubt this will happen fast.
    If you think I've closed or deleted a post unjustified, feel free to PM me and I'll explain it to you/discuss it with you further.

Some skills already network invisible enemy position like pudge rot and spectre dagger.

Volunteer Moderator
    How does rot? And spectral dagger is bugged.

What they would need to do is: If the invisible hero is within sight range (i.e. not in fog) draw the animation to where they are. If they're in fog, then draw to the edge of fog, without sending the information to where the invisible hero is standing (so you can't maphack it)

Actually the if in fog should extend to all heroes and animations really. It's kind of frustrating when there's a sigil or something like that, and you can't see the animation because you can't see the sigil.

I once played a game with spectre who used her dagger on pudge with invisibility rune and turned on rot. The rot cloud was seen. It looks like spectral dagger reveal position and all particles on enemy hero.