Thread: Suggestion: Include option to mute the end game sound

Suggestion: Include option to mute the end game sound

Whenever one of the ancients falls you hear a sound which I find quite annoying. Adding an option to mute it would allow me to keep my headset on when the game ends, since it's quite loud and it makes my ears bleed (figuratively). It is likely that I'm not the only one who would like to remove this end game sound, so adding that option in the audio menu could make the dota experience more pleasant for many people.

Thanks!

Basic Member
    Eh, I don't think it's worth toggling. I think this might actually be an issue with your headset EQ. Maybe some frequencies are unbalanced causing painful sound. There is a surprising range in the end sounds/music.

Banned
    lol just posted similar thread like 1 minute ago. I also think this fkn music is annoying AF, because its too fkn loud.

Also the sound when youre in windows and find a game is way too fkn loud.

And finally I hate that fck awful music when you get hit by lets say mirana arrow and are stun. I dont need to hear that annoying dramatic sh1t sound when I get stun, I can fkn see it. The screen flashes all over the place. Fkn annoying pos. Man if I wont find the console command for it, Ima delete the whole god damn fkn sound file.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Darude-Sandstorm View Post
    lol just posted similar thread like 1 minute ago. I also think this fkn music is annoying AF, because its too fkn loud.

Also the sound when youre in windows and find a game is way too fkn loud.

And finally I hate that fck awful music when you get hit by lets say mirana arrow and are stun. I dont need to hear that annoying dramatic sh1t sound when I get stun, I can fkn see it. The screen flashes all over the place. Fkn annoying pos. Man if I wont find the console command for it, Ima delete the whole god damn fkn sound file.
    It sounds like you don't want music in general. Go into your options and turn the 'Music' slider under audio all the way down. That will remove the annoying end-game music, the annoying combat music and all the other music in the game you find annoying.

You also seem to have screen shake on. That's an option, too. I'm pretty sure if you delete the sound file, Dota will just re-sync it (citation needed.)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PvtFish View Post
    It sounds like you don't want music in general. Go into your options and turn the 'Music' slider under audio all the way down. That will remove the annoying end-game music, the annoying combat music and all the other music in the game you find annoying.

You also seem to have screen shake on. That's an option, too. I'm pretty sure if you delete the sound file, Dota will just re-sync it (citation needed.)
    Are you sure man, I turned the music all the way down to zero and I still hear the fkn end game music. And also the stun music ingame when you get stun by an arrow or something like that.