Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Puck has a bad voice actor

Puck has a bad voice actor

I gonna start off by saying that I don't mind the tone of the voice or the words that are being spoken, but how they are spoken. My issue is with the voice actor doing a very poor job. I think valve should try to find someone with a bit more talent to do pucks voice or let the current voice actor redo the voices if they think that they can do better. When I play puck I have to turn my volume down all the way. I don't think there's another hero that sounds so bad that I have to do that. Good luck on your search for a decent voice actor. Cheers.

Basic Member
    completely disagree; it's intentional and they nailed it.

Banned
    WHAT?

puck has the best lines/voice acting out of all the heroes so far

I hope it wasn't intentionally. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZBxlWcNRF4
    "They shall *pause* regret *pause* this"
    "stay *pause* and *pause* amuse me"
    Sounds like the voice actor is reading single words off of a list. not sure how that can be considered good voice acting.

Puck is supposed to not be very good at the specific subtitles of English, since it is just one of the many langadges she has had to learn over the eons.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juju View Post
    I hope it wasn't intentionally. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZBxlWcNRF4
    "They shall *pause* regret *pause* this"
    "stay *pause* and *pause* amuse me"
    Sounds like the voice actor is reading single words off of a list. not sure how that can be considered good voice acting.
    the only thing that baffles me is how you think they could have had some horrible inaccuracy as you so claim and still put it into the game. do you think valve is some kind of amateur game developing company like S2 that wouldn't be anal about the quality of their voice overs? it's a big part of characterization. i think you're just having trouble understanding valve's depiction of puck as a character.

Basic Member
    i like it! dont see the problem really

Quote Originally Posted by vladhood View Post
    the only thing that baffles me is how you think they could have had some horrible inaccuracy as you so claim and still put it into the game. do you think valve is some kind of amateur game developing company like S2 that wouldn't be anal about the quality of their voice overs? it's a big part of characterization. i think you're just having trouble understanding valve's depiction of puck as a character.
    If you are right then I think they did a good job making a bad voice. I hope they implement an option to mute the voices soon.

Basic Member
    Wow. Please for god's sake don't change Puck's voice. One of the best in the game.

Also, it is intentional. He's basically an infant that has survived for countless eons. He's going to end up talking a little weird.

I like Puck's voice :3
    specs for bugreports:
    i5-4200U
    AMD Radeon HD 8750M
    win 7