Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Solo MM Changed?

Quote Originally Posted by NewToTheWWW View Post
    You're in the high bracket your ability to asses skill level is unacceptable. Stop making crybaby threads and get good at dota.
    Dude, its a team-based game.. what the heck are you talking about. What you just write has no sense at all. you can put a Proplayer with 4 noobs or 3 noobs and he'll loose anyway so I just don't see your point.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyme.asyluM- View Post
    Dude, its a team-based game.. what the heck are you talking about. What you just write has no sense at all. you can put a Proplayer with 4 noobs or 3 noobs and he'll loose anyway so I just don't see your point.
    No. He wont. That's the difference between you and a decent player. They're difference makers, you're not.

Before all this I have to say I was being matched with skilled people I felt comfortable, people that knew what is DOTA about. and Then Tidehunters with Mordigann and MoM.

Supports with no courrier o Wards, etc etc etc..
    Again, the playerbace increased by 200% when the game was released, expect allot of new players wanting to break the meta.
    K, don't press.
    Spoiler: 

No. He wont. That's the difference between you and a decent player. They're difference makers, you're not.
    Obviously there is a difference

You are telling me that I have to play 10-12 hours at day everyday to ENJOY A GAME?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Niroc View Post
    Again, the playerbace increased by 200% when the game was released, expect allot of new players wanting to break the meta.
    This... plus the time it takes for the matchmaking system to get an accurate measure of their skills. If they go on a win streak in normal bracket they might end up in high for a game or two until they lose.

Basic Member
    Obviously there is a difference

You are telling me that I have to play 10-12 hours at day everyday to ENJOY A GAME?
    No. But you'll likely need to play thousands of hours to be considered "good." And that's assuming that you have the mental aptitude and reflexes that will allow you to execute the things that good players do. So you could spread that out over years, or you could try and pack in 12 hour days to get good, that's not really my concern.

No. But you'll likely need to play thousands of hours to be considered "good." And that's assuming that you have the mental aptitude and reflexes that will allow you to execute the things that good players do. So you could spread that out over years, or you could try and pack in 12 hour days to get good, that's not really my concern.
    You're talking about Pro-Players, and thats the difference, aisde skills and aptittude, that's what pro-players do, spend 10-12 hours per day, how's not your concern? you're posting about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sSbC4P2KV4 2:25 That's the man!

Quote Originally Posted by IWantToHelpAsMuchAsIcan View Post
    Such long winning and losing streaks are possible mathematically and shouldn't happen too often.
    based on what math

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Talron View Post
    based on what math
    simple probability
    each match is intended to be a 50/50

its similarly possible to flip a coins and hit tails 100 times in a row

What i've seen its like.. 8 games are pretty easy, then 8 games are pretty hard..