Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bloom effect on some hero items too strong? eg Juggernaut

Basic Member

Bloom effect on some hero items too strong? eg Juggernaut

edit: now FIXED, see last post.

Not sure exactly when this happened but to my eyes it seems like suddenly there's way more bloom being applied to certain heroes, for example Juggernaut, with particular items. Default jugg is fine:

Jugg with High Plains mask, and Ebony and Ivory kimono, gets this strong bloom effect on both items:

As far as I remember, this didn't use to be the case. I remember deliberately searching out the mask and the cape because of how they looked, which was completely matt and non-glossy, just like default jugg.

If possible it would be great if the bloom effect could be toned down or applied the same as default jugg (since the materials are the same anyway). It's almost like whatever setting specifies the material is incorrect, so it's using some default plasticy shine.

If you're wondering whether it applies in-game too, unfortunately yes it does:

Jugg gets globally lit with this shine when using these items.

--

If anyone has noticed any other issues regarding bloom on items, please feel free to post them here (could not find a similar thread).
    Last edited by cinephile; 02-05-2014 at 11:57 PM.

Basic Member
    I've not played Sven for half a year because his Swordmaster set makes him look like he's made of sodding plastic.

Basic Member
    I noticed the jugg problem, but only in the last weeks

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. Please revert the changes to Juggernaut, his items look like garbage now.

Basic Member
    Bumping this, because I noticed that it's only in the sticky under Juggernaught's issues, and Sven suffers from it too.

Basic Member
    Same thing happens here with Kimono of the ebony tower.

Basic Member
    Thanks for fixing the bloom on the High Plains mask! It now seems to be lit similarly to the default Jugg mask. Looks nice again.

Bloom still affects the Ebony and Ivory kimono.

Basic Member
    It also affects 100 roof jugg and the bracers from the high plains set is so bright that you cant even see its texture anymore. I've decided I should just disable additive light pass in order to avoid the shine problems.

Basic Member

Juggernaut´s kimono is too glossy

It is a new bug!
    Kimono of the Ebony Tower is in game too glossy, it looks weird.
    http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/5503/m4uw.png

Not new at all.
    But still not fixed (at least for kimono).