View Poll Results: Should there be an option to switch between hero portraits and colors on the minimap?

Voters
271. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

186 68.63%
  • Disagree (elaborate why not if possible)

85 31.37%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion] Option for hero portraits on the minimap instead of colors

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Murre View Post
    Are you serious? The colors are clearly visible at the top of the screen throughout the whole game with a nice little portrait as well.
    Serious about what? I didn't say that it's hard to distinguish heroes by their color nor I implied it.

Basic Member
    Yeah it could be an option, although the portrait might be too scrunched up unless there was an easy way of making the icons bigger. Going through the console defeats the purpose of having the option for newer players imo. If you made the icons bigger it might be hard to make the icons accurate relative to their minimap position. Still might be an idea to consider if Valve finds a way to make it work.

Banned
    Agreed

Basic Member
    I can not tell the difference between the colours; I constantly have to remind people to please call their names. The hero icons would likely be too big, however, I hope they do something for their "Colour Blind" mode.

Basic Member
    im not againts it,ofcourse there are so many way to tell what hero is missing.
    or maybe just put the hero name instead of icon on the minimap like the name of player.i dont know just my opinion.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tits View Post
    im not againts it,ofcourse there are so many way to tell what hero is missing.
    or maybe just put the hero name instead of icon on the minimap like the name of player.i dont know just my opinion.
    You can already see names on the minimap by holding alt, this is the reason why I'm so sure that optional icons wouldn't hurt.

Basic Member
    already been posted, it got rejected as it can't be done effectively. there isn't enough screen space to make over 100 recognizable icons at quick glance for each hero that wont cause problems when they overlap or cause issues with player colors. so no.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sterls View Post
    already been posted, it got rejected as it can't be done effectively. there isn't enough screen space to make over 100 recognizable icons at quick glance for each hero that wont cause problems when they overlap or cause issues with player colors. so no.
    But colored icons overlap with each other, too.

Basic Member
    I prefer HERO NAMES like u press ALT option - ALT ON MODE would be a great thing for me, not icons and not PLAYER NAMES.
    Last edited by bkt; 12-07-2011 at 05:03 PM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sterls View Post
    Which brings us to the question: Why would you need player colours in a game where there are always two teams competing against each other? I believe it's heritage from the RTS basis and is not needed anymore. You only need 2 team colours, green and red or any other fitting combination. I mean this only for a mode where hero icons replace the current symbols, of course.

And besides that, it's been done in LOL and been working fine. I don't see a problem. Hasn't been tried, I guess.