View Poll Results: Should there be an option to switch between hero portraits and colors on the minimap?

Voters
271. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

186 68.63%
  • Disagree (elaborate why not if possible)

85 31.37%
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion] Option for hero portraits on the minimap instead of colors

Quote Originally Posted by mk07ki View Post
    I think they did great a job with the icons. The only thing is that it takes some time to get used them to since they don't resemble the actual portraits, but it's very easy to recognize a hero after you've seen his icon for a few times. Actually, they're are a lot better than I expected.
    The only thing we need now is a command to toggle them on all the time.
    I agree, they made a great job, but still I don't like the icons (actually I do, but read below^^).

I prefer a bit more small colors/icons on minimap and made it so in my cfg, so I don't actually recognize them well. And anyway not all the icons are easy-recognizable (for example potm's icon is her tiger's face :S)

But the icons themselves are really nice-made, just they don't fit the feature (well that's my opinion). icons with original hero portraits would be much more easy to recognize, and even small icons would be quite easy to recognize also.

Basic Member
    I'd prefer to have icons instead of colors. But, only have it available for your team. The enemy team should always show up as X's IMO.

I shouldn't have to dedicate my game sense to, "now, who was what color on my team?" when I could just look and see a nice aesthetic Crystal Maiden face and instantly know.

I support having an option for this, it's more aesthetic and functional. If they don't want to add it, at least give us a hotkey bind for it, using alt is annoying.
    Last edited by Ghostlike; 01-22-2012 at 07:16 PM.

I had earlier posted against the icons but now I'd say that they to take a little getting used to and some are more easily recognizable than others. Windrunner for ex. I don't mind it so much now.

I think Earthshaker icon looks like a brown & yellow storm trooper.

well ill just leave my 2 cents.

i think this is a very bad ideia because it pretty much promotes you to be a newbie. no dont scream read further

the current icon not only tells you who it is (colour) where it is looking (by the arrow pointing) and if the hero is invisible/smoked or not.
    with the new portraits u couldn't do this without making the small enough to know allthis and still if i see him in the middle of the jungle have a rough estimate of the actual route he is traveling.

if you change all this yes you make it easier for new ppl to get 2 informations eazy but you will never make them decent because if you are a good player you can extract 6 times more info than that with the current system

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ACreator_PT View Post
    well ill just leave my 2 cents.

i think this is a very bad ideia because it pretty much promotes you to be a newbie. no dont scream read further

the current icon not only tells you who it is (colour) where it is looking (by the arrow pointing) and if the hero is invisible/smoked or not.
    with the new portraits u couldn't do this without making the small enough to know allthis and still if i see him in the middle of the jungle have a rough estimate of the actual route he is traveling.

if you change all this yes you make it easier for new ppl to get 2 informations eazy but you will never make them decent because if you are a good player you can extract 6 times more info than that with the current system
    What are you talking about, they're only visible when you hold down alt, and what do you mean it doesn't tell you who it is when there's a hero icon?

Basic Member
    the 'option of switching' between colors or portraits is better than having only one of the both(as was in some other thread)... let the player decide what suits him best!

Basic Member
    +1 I was about to start the same thread, very important for not just new but also experience player. For veterans, a fraction of a second to recall the hero's color would make a big difference in their decision making process. For newbies, it would just significantly increase their map awareness

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by langtutheky View Post
    +1 I was about to start the same thread, very important for not just new but also experience player. For veterans, a fraction of a second to recall the hero's color would make a big difference in their decision making process. For newbies, it would just significantly increase their map awareness
    press ALT in game.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by doucheplayer View Post
    press ALT in game.
    And I do not want to press Alt. THINK!!