Page 12 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast

Thread: [2 MONTHS WITHOUT HERO]Patch Aniticipation Station 9/4/13

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddles View Post
    What about the heroes that were removed from wc3 dota? Are they imaginary heroes? Should we just value them at the square root of a negative hero?
    Yes, because the square root of negative 1 is "i"

Because "i" don't care.
    K, don't press.
    Spoiler: 

Quote Originally Posted by nova4891 View Post
    Pit Lord, Techies and Terrorblade have been in DotA for a long time and still have not been ported. Terorblade being the only one who had his spells remade slightly. Why haven't they been ported? It's almost like your saying "Don't port any heroes over, ever. We have enough"
    Icefrog is known to hate Techies with a passion and regret that they exist. Terrorblade still isn't in -CM, neither is Pit Lord. Yes, Abscessed Underwear hasn't gotten changes since last International. I have no idea what Icefrog wants from him but he's never been in -CM in Dota despite having been there for a long time. Unless Icefrog wants to test a major rework to their abilities (like Drow or Centaur) they probably won't even be considered for being added until they're in -CM.

Icefrog is known to hate Techies with a passion and regret that they exist. Terrorblade still isn't in -CM, neither is Pit Lord. Yes, Abscessed Underwear hasn't gotten changes since last International. I have no idea what Icefrog wants from him but he's never been in -CM in Dota despite having been there for a long time. Unless Icefrog wants to test a major rework to their abilities (like Drow or Centaur) they probably won't even be considered for being added until they're in -CM.
    Bristle and abbadon and Templar assassin are confirmed to have reworks soon. But their are most likely more.
    Last edited by Niroc; 09-04-2013 at 11:19 AM. Reason: lol, techies is not getting update.
    K, don't press.
    Spoiler: 

US english AKA Mexico AKA South America AJAJAJA
    Quote Originally Posted by Niroc View Post
    Bristle and abbadon and techies are confirmed to have reworks soon. But their are most likely more.
    sources.
    big plays
    i'm keeping the gif because it's so awful

Quote Originally Posted by Niroc View Post
    Bristle and abbadon and techies are confirmed to have reworks soon. But their are most likely more.
    Where'd you hear about Bristlebog and LoA reworks? I don't see LoA having much of a problem. Bristlebog does need some love though.

Quote Originally Posted by loewen View Post
    sources.
    WOOPS! I meant and Templar assassin, not techies.

All of them have voice files for activating their passive, and Templar assassin does not use the voices files for Meld and Refraction.
    K, don't press.
    Spoiler: 

typical. if immediate results aren't available, that means nothing is being done at all. obviously.
    We can see when materials and the like are updated, so unless Valve are deliberately choosing to make people unhappy by making it look like nothing's happening, the hero models / anims etc. aren't showing a lot of progress. And it would take a single one-line post for Valve to let people know that they are working on, say, Legion Commander.

see, the people at valve actually do what they think needs to be done for the customers' satisfaction.
    Going by the attitudes of people both here and on reddit, that doesn't seem to be working out. Look around these forums: are people satisfied?

They're marketing the game as the most competitive game in the ARTS/MOBA genre.
    Have you got a link or something to where they're saying that? Also, how are they claiming that when there's no features in the game to promote competition? TMM is a joke, match quality goes up and down like a rollercoaster, and there's no sign of any ladder-like system (which would be something that supports Dota 2 being "competitive"). If I've misunderstood and you're referring to it having a lively professional scene, if you're an ARTS player looking for a game to play will "we have in-game tournament spectating" make you choose Dota? For the overwhelming majority of players, the answer is "no". You're not going to move from one game to another simply because there are more tournaments. It's a nice feature to have, but it doesn't really keep people playing (since it requires a constant input of money for tickets) or bring in many players.

Working on a bunch of heroes that won't be in -CM for a while gives them nothing. So why work on Phoenix when he gets a rework every other patch?
    It's not like they have to rework the models or anything, literally all they have to do is recode a couple of their skills. And there's no reason why they couldn't get all of the heroes' models / animations / voice work in-game and then release as soon as 6.79 hits. Since they're working with Icefrog, they don't even have to wait to code skills - they can code them as soon as IF has decided on the changes. And I don't understand why you're defending a lack of new content with the claim "they won't be in CM for a while". The vast majority of games are -AP. A new hero is new content for the vast majority of the player base and makes them all happy. Why does the 5% of the player base who only play CM matter so much?

Why release a hero now that's likely to be bugged when they can spend more time fixing the bugs themselves?
    Because it's easier to crowd-source testing, and they're never going to find all the bugs. Also, if the heroes are being worked on internally, why aren't we seeing any model / animation progress? I feel like those are the part that would take the longest to do, surely?

Why release anything that's less than full-quality when there are no important tournaments in the foreseeable future?
    New hero picker, TMM, Mute system, Meepo, Mac client, etc. etc.
    Valve have a long track record of releasing things that are fairly buggy. It's just how they do things. Usually they fix most of the bugs, but you rarely see it getting to a "full-quality" stage. Hell, the Steam client (their most important piece of software) still doesn't even properly support multiple user accounts on Windows!
    Last edited by DarkLite; 09-04-2013 at 11:35 AM.
    Please help keep the forums clean by reporting rude or abusive posts!
    Got a problem? PM me or another moderator!
    Forum Rules

Basic Member
    We'll get only Omniknight new color scheme and hats.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLite View Post
    Going by the attitudes of people both here and on reddit, that doesn't seem to be working out. Look around these forums: are people satisfied?
    you seem like a smart guy who should know what a valid sample of a population is

Quote Originally Posted by RoqueDemon View Post
    Yeah.
    Having the skills and balance thought up means that it takes absolutely zero work to do the rest.
    It's not like designing a character, modelling/texturing/rigging/animating it, writing/recording the voice lines, programming the skills, doing the character/skill icons, takes a lot of work.
    Yes, it does take a lot of time, a ton of time actually, but the framework is set up for them since the hero already exists in WC3. The character should have ~80% of its resemblance to the old one. Valve has shown us how quickly they were capable of completing these tasks (sometimes in as short as a week). I don't care if they're not working on heroes, but it gets boring when there's nothing new to look forward to. They don't say what they're doing either, so I'm assuming it's because they don't want to promise anything since they act according to their own schedule i.e. we'll do things when we feel like doing things.