Page 47 of 97 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 ... LastLast

Thread: [2 MONTHS WITHOUT HERO]Patch Aniticipation Station 9/4/13

dedaegm

A true demon can never die.

I dare you to show me your bones.

Quote Originally Posted by func_door View Post
    has anyone tried guardians of middle earth? I'm sure it's absolute crapgarbage but I'm a huge Tolkien nerd so I was thinking of trying it out purely for the setting
    It's buy to play AND has microtransactions (buying champions). No thanks just based on that.

Quote Originally Posted by tortoos View Post
    Pretty much nailed it here. How is it people at valve work all day and 5 days a week (i'm assuming like a normal job), and yet literally nothing seems to be getting done? Not only that but nobody ever takes the 3 minutes it would take to say whether or not there was a patch that week, or explain what's going on? It literally would take under 5 minutes to do that, so why is nobody doing that at least? It seems like the ultra bare minimum amount of effort you could put out if you haven't released a substantial patch in weeks to just explain the situation. I like dota 2, but I seriously think it's not being managed well at all.
    Or maybe you were spoiled last year with all the hero releases. Don't worry, it happened to the LoL community too, they used to have a new champ every two weeks but now they're lucky if they even get one per month.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleako View Post
    Or maybe you were spoiled last year with all the hero releases. Don't worry, it happened to the LoL community too, they used to have a new champ every two weeks but now they're even lucky if they get one per month.
    It's not really that im spoiled, it just seems like shockingly little is being done. Even bugs don't seem to be fixed as rapidly as they used to.

Or maybe you were spoiled last year with all the hero releases. Don't worry, it happened to the LoL community too, they used to have a new champ every two weeks but now they're lucky if they even get one per month.
    Well the only weird thing is that Spit-Wad said there would be a patch tonight containing that NA league ticket.
    And there is no patch at all...
    I don't mind the lack of heroes personally, I just want the Glados announcer!
    Insert SinofLiberty quote here

Yea, noone expects new heroes every two weeks. We expect hero ports. Somewhen.

Banned

Please some day ....

Quote Originally Posted by tortoos View Post
    It's not really that im spoiled, it just seems like shockingly little is being done. Even bugs don't seem to be fixed as rapidly as they used to.
    Remember that Valve doesn't work like any other regular company, they only have peer reviews and no deadlines to meet, they choose to do what they want to do.

Not defending them but I'm just telling you why stuff like this happens.

It would at least be nice to get more confirmations like before.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post

Please some day ....

some day.

Also wtf why aren't you posting gifs, what is wrong with you guys.

Last edited by Noya; 09-05-2013 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MashV View Post
    Lol at valve releasing a game and leave it to die...they should create hype and promote it with new content and news, instead they forget about it and go on holyday. GG, marketing level over 9000
    Very good point, sir. They are going to starve their own child to death...

Quote Originally Posted by Synaptic View Post
    I simply cannot understand what these people do all day. We used to get reliable patches with regular hero ports. Honestly I really want the hero pool done, but I'd settle for just bugs, and maybe one fucking patch where the majority of the content isn't cosmetics.
    People? It's one person, two at max. They working on something else, but they will never have bigger and better game than Dota is, they are working on what? HL3? HL games are great, but for 10-20 hours of gameplay?

Quote Originally Posted by tagyhag View Post
    Remember that Valve doesn't work like any other regular company, they only have peer reviews and no deadlines to meet, they choose to do what they want to do.
    Not defending them but I'm just telling you why stuff like this happens.
    It would at least be nice to get more confirmations like before.
    As we can all see this system sucks monkey sweaty balls...

Excuse me my english.