Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Modified npc_heroes.txt and a request

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassadarmaster View Post
    Well, I have taken the 453g for support heroes into consideration and re-edited the file. About the 6-slotting, I don't see why it matters. By the time they get all farmed up, the game is pretty much over and the battle is usually pretty one-sided. Though, I might consider changing it depending on what you have to say about this.
    It's my personal preference to not 6-slot them so they got room for TP scrolls. If you feel a 6th item is better then I don't mind, but that's the reason why I don't 6-slot. (Besides that its a hassle as well, if you're slotting you have to always get the Secret Shop item first or else they'll run into inventory problems)

Bane - Don't know why you don't like Orchid on him; it gives him another source of disable. I had him getting Orchid before Sheepstick since it's easier to get early on. Sheepstick is something you would get lategame. Anyway, I adjusted his item build so he would buy sheepstick earlier since he often stealkills with his brainsap and should have the farm to afford it. And yeah I kind of agree rushing Scepter is bad on him.
    Orchid was listed as 3rd item, unless he's getting mega farmed he'll probably get this around the 40-50m mark at the earliest, that's too late to be fair.

Crystal Maiden - I have decided she should head towards arcane aura after maxing frostbite. I actually find that mana regen pretty useful early on as it allows me to play a little more aggressive without investing gold into mana regen items or going back to fountain. I don't see anything wrong with her laning info. If it's the RequiresFarm that's bothering you, pure support bots don't take any last hits unless the laning partner is out of lasthit radius. Additionally I have adjusted so that all the support/pure support bots have 1 point into RequiresFarm. The reason I have it set up like this is I recall seeing pure supports such as CM not taking any last hits when her laning partner is out of lasthit radius (running back to fountain), she would only deny.
    Don't recall seeing that with RequiresFarm 0... could hold some truth though. Well, I personally also set her ProvidesSetup to 2.

Juggernaut - Revised his skill build, had it on default. Adjusted his item build. What's wrong with BF on bots?
    I personally don't think they can properly utilize it on any of the melee heroes they play. Besides that I feel it's a build that is mainly strong when you're already ahead. If the bots are behind, it's gonna take him ages to get it, and by the time he does anyone can outfarm him anyhow. In my eyes unless the hero REALLY does well with or OR is almost guaranteed a good start, I don't like to get a BF/Midas on bots. They're just items that allow you to snowball, not recover from a bad start. (For the bots anyhow).

Regarding their roles, I have given them all single role and removed the following role: ganker, push support, tank support. Not sure if this is a good idea but at least I'm not seeing the same heroes everygame. It also solves the issue of carries buying items support items like dust and gems, it hurts them a lot since it delays their build. Supports should be getting them now. Speaking of role, I see they have just added a new bot role, DOTA_BOT_NUKER. If you have time, want to find out what it does? (their desire on buying wards/courier/gems/how often they get picked) Only thing I was able to find out is Pure Supports will always get wards, gankers seems to favor buying dust/gem. Anyway, I'd like for you to continue on if you have the time to do so.
    Much the same I did on roles, for good reasons, the multi-role is garbage for the carries. I personally left Ganker and Pure/Push/Stun Support in, I've considered removing some of them but I never really got around to it, even though it really is better for variety's sake.
    Interesting on the nuker thing, I stopped doing weekly npc_heroes.txt compares a while ago as nothing was happening, but perhaps I should start again. They revised the roal on loads of heroes and added a new one...
    I imagine Nuker is between Ganker and Semi-Carry, but I'll see about experimenting some. I'll look over the file some more later.

Basic Member
    Great contribution to the community. Commenting to raise its popularity. I'll spread the word.

Basic Member
    Thanks for the feedback, guys! I submitted this to r/dota2 to try to get a bit more exposure.

http://ne.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comment...oves_the_bots/

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thepotoo View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, guys! I submitted this to r/dota2 to try to get a bit more exposure.

http://ne.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comment...oves_the_bots/
    Huh, such popularity...

Well, I can only hope that Valve resumes work on AI in some way at some point. Just simply improving them themselves or making an API for them, I'd prefer the latter but either would make me very happy.

Honestly, it'd be great if they could at use one of the plethora of modified npc_heroes.txt found on this board. It's seriously challenging to make item builds worse than what the bots have right now.
    Last edited by Arxos; 12-06-2013 at 02:55 AM.

I hope Valve Fix bots now.
    Thank you IceFrog, Valve and Dota 2 team for everything you doing for Dota 2 community.

Basic Member
    insert this change into the game, please!

Quote Originally Posted by Arxos View Post
    It's seriously challenging to make item builds worse than what the bots have right now.

Basic Member
    Do you know of any way to get the AI to use heroes other than the default set it has right now?

EDIT:
    Nevermind found it, just had to add "BotImplemented" "1" to get the hero selected.
    Last edited by Doomfrost; 12-07-2013 at 05:19 AM.

Basic Member
    Bots other than the ones already implemented don't use skills.

"BotImplemented" "1"

will allow the bots to pick that hero, but they won't still won't use that hero's abilities.

Basic Member
    That's a shame. Is there a way to make them use their abilities? Or is that beyond reach?