Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: In response to Cyborgmatt.

Basic Member
    Pretty much says it all. The only thing I see being released are more hats while heroes that have been in dota 2 test for a long time now still haven't made it to the main game. Not to mention nothing is being done about other major concerns. Get of your lazy asses valve!

Basic Member

Releasing unbalanced heroes makes people have less fun in pubstomps.

Releasing heroes that are not workshop ready cuts into revenue. New hero = hype = sales. And guess what, this game runs on money.

Development slowing down? Porting to linux and mac, ti3 additions and the bugfixing that comes with that on top of adding heroes? Guess I'm fine with that.

TL;DR: ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? I DON'T CARE ABOUT ANYTHING BUT HEROS!
    Sorry, but that's it.

You simply don't define the priorities and you are NOT the community. Stop talking as "us".

EDIT: Btw, I'd kill for Pit Lord, but we (yes, we) don't define the priorities.
    What Cyborg said is completly true. How much the slowdown is acceptable might be another thing, but your post is simply so freaking subjective, it's simply useless.
    And you don't even know how much they slowed down. You have no idea how much time they used for the mac and linux client and we don't know anything about stuff that's simply not in the current client.
    Last edited by Kryil-; 09-09-2013 at 02:00 AM.
    If you think I've closed or deleted a post unjustified, feel free to PM me and I'll explain it to you/discuss it with you further.

Basic Member
    Competitive game mode for casual solo or small parties should be a priority right now. Should have been there since the beginning.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brotkrumen View Post

Releasing unbalanced heroes makes people have less fun in pubstomps.

Releasing heroes that are not workshop ready cuts into revenue. New hero = hype = sales. And guess what, this game runs on money.

Development slowing down? Porting to linux and mac, ti3 additions and the bugfixing that comes with that on top of adding heroes? Guess I'm fine with that.
    Unblanced? Dota is balanced for full hero pool not a 90%. Its already balanced from dota 1, they play with the heroes.
    Only issue is when you have a small hero pool some of the best counters might be missing, now the heropool is kinda large that is not a big issue anymore, it should get easier and easier to realease heroes. (very early dota2 had no anti invis heros, until slardar and bounty they roamed free)

It had been ok to slow down the realease of heroes for bugfix but they hardly do any bugfix at all.

In all honesty I don't mind if heros are delayed as long as there is progress on the game.

However come on, progress at the moment is so minimal its as though the development team have moved onto a different game. It actually feels like the game has been abandoned.

• No hero's
    • No real bug fixes
    • No ladder
    • No work on the terrible matchmaking system
    • No development on pretty much anything other than hats.

Yet the game was released out of Beta.

Is it really a surprise people are getting upset ?
    Last edited by Kazzier; 09-09-2013 at 03:49 AM.

I rather play a hero 2 months later that's finished than a hero that's broken and auto-wins your game.(aahhh...centaur, we had a fun run while it lasted)

Oh and OP, stop acting like a douche and cracking down on other's opinions.
    You were the one that asked for opinions.
    If you are mad take it elsewhere instead of telling people all day that they are wrong.
    “Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.”

+1 to OP's basic point about the development process going snail speed and no communication from Valve.
    Karnivool's new album is DOPE!

Quote Originally Posted by insanisane View Post
    Unblanced? Dota is balanced for full hero pool not a 90%. Its already balanced from dota 1, they play with the heroes.
    Only issue is when you have a small hero pool some of the best counters might be missing, now the heropool is kinda large that is not a big issue anymore, it should get easier and easier to realease heroes. (very early dota2 had no anti invis heros, until slardar and bounty they roamed free)

It had been ok to slow down the realease of heroes for bugfix but they hardly do any bugfix at all.
    Pretty sure he meant
    Quick hero releases = more bugs

which in turn can create imbalance