Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] Multiple Maelstrom trigger chance stacks

Basic Member

[Confirmed] Multiple Maelstrom trigger chance stacks

repro steps: 1.buy multiple Maelstroms(say 4). 2. attack some target.
    result: the lightning trigger chance is way over 25%
    expected result: as a UAM, or orb effect, the chance should always be 25%

same for Mjollnir(i think)

Maelstrom and Mjollnir completely stacks with other Attack modifiers, but overrides them if lightning occurs.

i'd actually assume it would stack with reducing returns.

something important to note is that the attacks where lightning doesn't proc don't have any UAM--not even an empty placeholder one. you can stack maelstrom and desolator for example. deso applies on attacks without lightning (which means it always applies on towers).
    I don't bite.

I'm pretty sure the chance stacking works as intended, as maelstrom is only a UAM when it procs (resulting in diminishing returns chance stacking)

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stenliii View Post
    Maelstrom and Mjollnir completely stacks with other Attack modifiers, but overrides them if lightning occurs.
    not the same issue. it stacks with other UAM, no problem. it should not stack with itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuddles View Post
    i'd actually assume it would stack with reducing returns.

something important to note is that the attacks where lightning doesn't proc don't have any UAM--not even an empty placeholder one. you can stack maelstrom and desolator for example. deso applies on attacks without lightning (which means it always applies on towers).
    yes i believe now it stack with reducing returns, but i dont think it's correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by func_door View Post
    I'm pretty sure the chance stacking works as intended, as maelstrom is only a UAM when it procs (resulting in diminishing returns chance stacking)
    i dont know. it's intended if it stacks with other UAM. but i havent heard anything if it should stack with itself
    Last edited by Eric37073; 09-13-2013 at 08:45 AM.

yep, confirmed
    I like to do stupid stuff even when i know it's stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric37073 View Post
    i dont know. it's intended if it stacks with other UAM. but i havent heard anything if it should stack with itself
    it doesn't stack with itself because in dota 2 it's only a UAM when it procs, if it doesn't then it checks the next maelstrom etc. this is one of those things where it's different from dota 1 behavior but I don't think necessarily wrong, since it seems valve is trying to make orbs make more sense overall, so it would be nice to know if this was an intended change (since chain lightning wasn't that great)

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by func_door View Post
    it doesn't stack with itself because in dota 2 it's only a UAM when it procs, if it doesn't then it checks the next maelstrom etc. this is one of those things where it's different from dota 1 behavior but I don't think necessarily wrong, since it seems valve is trying to make orbs make more sense overall, so it would be nice to know if this was an intended change (since chain lightning wasn't that great)
    be careful. u are trying to justify a possible bug by balance consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric37073 View Post
    be careful. u are trying to justify a possible bug by balance consideration.
    I'm saying I don't think its a bug because it's consistent with how they've changed orbs in dota 2

but it would be nice to get some sort of verification on that

It fits with how other chance-based procs like crits work.
    Please help keep the forums clean by reporting rude or abusive posts!
    Got a problem? PM me or another moderator!
    Forum Rules