Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The new languages that got added to the game

The new languages that got added to the game

Well, first of all, thanks for doing it. It will help the people who are just sick of people talking in whatever language they talk in their country, instead of a language everyone knowns (and that doesn't go only for Russians, a lot of people from lots of other places do it as well). The problem is that, either people have everything (or nothing) selected as default, or the system doesn't work that well.

I've played two matches already, in Solo queue, and only with Spanish selected, since I'm Spanish. In the first one, there where 2 guys from France, and another from Germany. In the second match, most of them where from Ukraine, and UK.

I don't really mind, but if I'm posting this here, is because it didn't looked like it worked as intended before, and it still seems to not work at all. My suggestion would be to, in the next match, de-select whatever option everyone has, and before going to a match, make him select one. Making people only be able to have one selected doesn't seem fair, though, incase anyone says it (I'm Spanish and I usually play with people from UK, talking English). If people have all of them selected, it totally ruins the prupose, so I would say to put a limit of two languages into it, instead, and keep adding languages in the future, at it's time.

That's all. If you have an idea to make this even better, feel free to just say it, since they may look at it. And sorry if this doesn't go into this Forum, I'm not quite sure where to place it.

Oh, and I also made a screen of it, just incase.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=180922466
    Too lazy to write something with any sense. That's why i spam this here: My DevianArt account, my YouTube Channel, and my Steam Account.

Basic Member
    First game after the patch, 3/5 spanish speakers on American East/West servers with English.

I'd suggest one of half a dozen quite obvious solutions but let's face it, nobody cares. Especially not the developers. 5 stack or play with foreigners; they won't be heavy handed enough to change anything (unless you get fountain dived for 5 minutes. Enjoy your ban.)

Banned
    If you select no language, it means you have no language preference (according to ingame description).
    Flawed system.

Basic Member
    Ya, more language pls, more MM pool, player seperate to morer difference pool, more Harder for the system find equal skill player, more Unbalance MatchMaking

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    If you select no language, it means you have no language preference (according to ingame description).
    Flawed system.
    Holy crap I just realized this. That completely invalidates the entire language option. system. It's nothing but a placebo. You can't say "If you click English/Spanish/Russian/Chinese we'll try to match you with people like that but also people who don't have any preference".

Quote Originally Posted by CharleeOw View Post
    Ya, more language pls, more MM pool, player seperate to morer difference pool, more Harder for the system find equal skill player, more Unbalance MatchMaking
    You think games where the team speaks 3 different languages against a team of equal skilled players who all speak the same language are balanced?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel S View Post
    we'll try to match you with people like that but also people who don't have any preference".

This. Which means, that everyone will be matched with everyone. Valve trolling at it's best.
    Spoiler: 

Are you for real? anybody with half a brain knew that these changes wont change anything as there's no way to measure whether a player who select more than one language can actually speak and understand it. Not to mention players who dont speak any of the current langauges available to select.

Your only solution is playing in a stack.
    Read this if you want to know why so many games is very one sided: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?...l=1#post436467

Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    Flawed system.
    uhm so thats why the captain on my CD was a english speaker when i had only spanish lol
    Quote Originally Posted by MukenTuken View Post
    got muted on main
    made new account
    played with 9 other smurfs who wanted to stomp some noobs, just like i wanted

So now you cant even stomp some poor newcommers when you are bored

ded game

Banned
    sorry OP but here's a tip: don't discuss language, regional, or cultural issues on this forum - the general sentiment here, on the Dota 2 subreddit, and just about everywhere is that if you even slightly wish to play with players who speak the same language as you, then you are a horrible bigot

*ticks spanish on south american
    *still gets brazilians on his match who ofc dont know spanish nor english
    *spends 45 mins on a game with players who speak a language he doesnt understand
    *volvo keeps making more money