Thread: Whats the deal with this blur?

Basic Member

Whats the deal with this blur?

In the new armory, when changing pages everything is blurry before going back to normal. Even ingame, when selecting an item, its blurry for a fraction of a second before going back to normal. I play with everything on HIGH (got a high-end computer) and I had 0 problems with dota textures before this update. Everything looks like it takes time to load or something.

Anyway does everybody have this? Did they change some option that I'm not aware off? Is there a fix?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reefer View Post
    In the new armory, when changing pages everything is blurry before going back to normal. Even ingame, when selecting an item, its blurry for a fraction of a second before going back to normal. I play with everything on HIGH (got a high-end computer) and I had 0 problems with dota textures before this update. Everything looks like it takes time to load or something.

Anyway does everybody have this? Did they change some option that I'm not aware off? Is there a fix?
    were you watching a replay in slow speed? if not, nevermind

Quote Originally Posted by Reefer View Post

dont mind cvi

they add texture streaming to the client
    If you find spelling errors, you are free to take them.

I believe this has to do with the new update adding:

-Added UI texture streaming to reduce memory usage

From what I understand the game now loads up low detailed images which is used to free up disk space and lessen the load on the computer. So instead of all the textures being loaded up as soon as you load up the game, they are only fully loaded when needed. Which is why you see the blur before they go back to normal.

From what I understand this is to help lower end PCs and unfortunately for the people with high-end computers that never had this problem in the first place, it will be an issue. I think the best thing Valve could do is add an option to disable texture streaming for those with beefy computers.
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give FORUM RULES
    OKAY, HERE!
    ノ( ◕ _ ◕ノ)

If you have a problem, PM me or another moderator!

Quote Originally Posted by WhaleRum View Post
    I believe this has to do with the new update adding:

-Added UI texture streaming to reduce memory usage

From what I understand the game now loads up low detailed images which is used to free up disk space and lessen the load on the computer. So instead of all the textures being loaded up as soon as you load up the game, they are only fully loaded when needed. Which is why you see the blur before they go back to normal.

From what I understand this is to help lower end PCs and unfortunately for the people with high-end computers that never had this problem in the first place, it will be an issue. I think the best thing Valve could do is add an option to disable texture streaming for those with beefy computers.
    exactly... im fine with valve helping users with lower end pcs but they could also do something good(for once) and make it an option on settings wich would be on as default and if a user wants he can disable it.
    i can run the game with all maxed out, i dont really want to see this blurry trash images throught the game.

i wonder if there IS a console command for that ? anyone has an idea? :P
    If you find spelling errors, you are free to take them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2011 View Post
    i wonder if there IS a console command for that ? anyone has an idea? :P
    maybe...let me skype cyborgmatt

srsly i hope there is a way