Thread: #cef_error_header-6 (Cannot access Store or Library in-game)

Basic Member

#cef_error_header-6 (Cannot access Store or Library in-game)

Hi, I just started playing Dota yesterday. I can play the game fine (with bots, at least. Haven't tried with human players.) but whenever I try to access the in-game Store or Library I get: #cef_error_header-6

I figured it might just be a server issue because of the new patch that just launched, but it has persisted for over 24 hours. From Googling I've noticed that it has been a problem with other people in the past, but I've yet find a solution (and it sounds like neither have they, as far as I can find).

Some suggestions have been to verify the integrity of the game cache in Steam (it's perfect), disable (or uninstall, in certain cases) anti-virus software (Norton is expired, and thus shouldn't be a problem, and I've disabled McAfee's one background process and made sure it wasn't open), or turn off your firewall completely. I've also restarted Steam, and my PC. Even doing all of these at once has not resolved the issue.

I found an instance of someone intentionally giving themselves this error, but I don't know enough about this kind of stuff to try to reverse the process safely. Hopefully it will help you in helping me. (:

Thanks in advance for any help.

Basic Member
    I've been getting this same error for weeks, I still have no fixes for it and there is seemingly no cause. Dev's its time to fix this error as its stopping me buying all of your content from the in game store!

Basic Member
    I know, right?

(Sorry for this bump, but I think I'm relatively justified after waiting a week.)

Basic Member
    I've had this problem since Ti3 ended. Good luck getting volvo to fix....