Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] Beast Master's Roar should slow main target.

[Confirmed] Beast Master's Roar should slow main target.

Dota 1:

Dota 2:

Basic Member
    Is there any gameplay implication? The stun is at least as long as the slow and things that remove the stun also prevent the slow

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Belarion View Post
    Is there any gameplay implication? The stun is at least as long as the slow and things that remove the stun also prevent the slow
    Agreed, I can't for the life of me see how this impacts the game at all. Even Aphotic Shield will remove both the stun and the slow, I can't figure out any way that the stun can be ended early without removing the slow as well...

Actually...

Scratch that, I figured out a way that this could theoretically have a tiny nearly nonexistant impact on gameplay! If spiritbreak uses his ulti on beastmaster and beastmaster ultis spiritbreaker before spiritbreaker's ulti teleports him, the spiritbreaker will be stunned, but being stunned will not stop his ultimate. Instead he will just teleport and bash beastmaster while being stunned. If beastmaster's ulti would properly also slow the stunned ultiing spiritbreaker it would reduce the damage the greater bash triggered by the ulti deals since it is based on the (currently stunned) spiritbreaker's speed!

So it could be relevant!

(This is completely stupid >< )

Adding.
    Please, just call me buny.

Basic Member
    Well, now it's irrelevant.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
    Well, now it's irrelevant.
    Yeah, I can't think of any more justifications for why this would matter anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Obilisk View Post
    Yeah, I can't think of any more justifications for why this would matter anymore.
    It was irrelevant from the beginning. Slow does not work against magic immune units. Still one day it may become relevant. Let it be in KnowBugList.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by igo95862 View Post
    It was irrelevant from the beginning. Slow does not work against magic immune units. Still one day it may become relevant. Let it be in KnowBugList.
    Slows from ultimates usually go through magic immunity, and in particular, beastmaster ulti's slow goes through magic immunity. (Other slows that work against magic immune: Viper Strike, Stone Gazw, Jinada, Degen Aura)

I'd personally push for it to be removed, but if it is staying on the list, I'd just like to say that having it be a "Low" priority bug still seems to the giving the bug way too much credit. Not that the ranks mean anything anyway.

Basic Member
    Just for the sake of being arrogant I will tell you that there is a situation in WC3 where it matters but not in dota 2. GL finding it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanics View Post
    Just for the sake of being arrogant I will tell you that there is a situation in WC3 where it matters but not in dota 2. GL finding it.
    Do we get anything for finding it or just your precious congratulations? ;p