Page 17575 of 18677 FirstFirst ... 16575 17075 17475 17525 17565 17573 17574 17575 17576 17577 17585 17625 17675 18075 18575 ... LastLast
Results 175,741 to 175,750 of 186763

Thread: Patch Anticipation Station

  1. #175741
    Basic Member crowblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,985
    That's funny, because the compendium never worked for me in reborn, along with the challenges. So i cant get the pts. Thx volvo.
    Quote Originally Posted by katsaroulhs View Post
    Also, I am laughing so hard because you people actually expected smth better from Valve. Some of you have been here for years. Some of us have been here from the beta, watching this mess of a game getting developed. And you STILL are surprised when you are fed shit. [...]

  2. #175742
    Basic Member at35z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Nnw6qrcX1k0
    Posts
    2,010
    Quote Originally Posted by crowblade View Post
    That's funny, because the compendium never worked for me in reborn, along with the challenges. So i cant get the pts. Thx volvo.
    The Compendium doesn't work for anyone, it's not in Reborn yet, you can complete challenges when you enter a game and the challenge selector screen shows up after/before picking. (You can get new ones there as well.)
    Credits to Phoenix.

  3. #175743
    Basic Member crowblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,985
    Quote Originally Posted by at35z View Post
    The Compendium doesn't work for anyone, it's not in Reborn yet, you can complete challenges when you enter a game and the challenge selector screen shows up after/before picking. (You can get new ones there as well.)
    Will that happen at all? I mean, when will the compendium challenges end? Will they even completely port it to reborn or just wait for it to end?
    Quote Originally Posted by katsaroulhs View Post
    Also, I am laughing so hard because you people actually expected smth better from Valve. Some of you have been here for years. Some of us have been here from the beta, watching this mess of a game getting developed. And you STILL are surprised when you are fed shit. [...]

  4. #175744
    Basic Member <><'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,915
    Quote Originally Posted by crowblade View Post
    Will that happen at all? I mean, when will the compendium challenges end? Will they even completely port it to reborn or just wait for it to end?
    I sure as hell hope they don't port this years compendium, and that they'll rework how it's currently done for the next year. As it currently stands, in the main client, the compendium is a weird mess of Scaleform (flash, now deprecated in dota) and web stuff, and trying to somehow port that over would probably be awful. I just hope they'll do a clean rewrite of it.

  5. #175745
    Basic Member katsaroulhs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Orion Arm
    Posts
    16,971
    Quote Originally Posted by GermanViet View Post
    Oh there is plenty of reason to hate company, Riot Games.
    K, let's see.

    Quote Originally Posted by GermanViet View Post
    Riot Pendragon is one of the founders of Riot Games and we all know what he did to dota allstars forum. It was the biggest and pretty much only forum WC3 Dota players frequented to.
    Why should he continue to support a game that would be a competitor?

    Quote Originally Posted by GermanViet View Post
    Riot Games or a partnered publisher of Riot Games (Garena) purchased dota2.vn domain and redirected it to LoL.
    WHo cares lol, are people dumb enough to search for Dota 2, see Lo: and actually play it? It is kinda trashy, but no reason to hate.

    Quote Originally Posted by GermanViet View Post
    There were advertisements criticizing Dota: [url]https://i.imgur.com/oh0ItAR.jpg
    3 of the were 100% true, with only the "imba matches" being a matter of different views on balance.


    Quote Originally Posted by GermanViet View Post
    LCS players cannot stream Blizzard/Valve games:
    http://www.ongamers.com/articles/rio...ames/1100-261/
    http://static.ongamers.com/uploads/o...3440-1985-.png

    It was planned for teams not to be allowed to own a Dota 2 squad if they have a LoL squad:
    http://www.liquiddota.com/forum/dota...s-to-drop-dota
    http://www.twitch.tv/onemoregametv/b...9144?t=108m00s
    These two are bullshit, true. Still, they give a fuck about their game, unlike Valve.

    Quote Originally Posted by GermanViet View Post
    Riot Games suing for Dota trademark:
    http://www.pcgamer.com/riot-games-de...ota-trademark/
    When they lost they gave their rights to Blizzard to help Blizzard at their battle against Valve.
    Pretty much every company tries at some point. Apple sued samsung for similar bullshit.

    Quote Originally Posted by GermanViet View Post
    Tencent claims Dota 2 will cost 100 USD in China:
    http://dotaland.net/2012/12/09/tence...counter-flame/
    Again, are people so stupid to believe things without proof?

    Quote Originally Posted by GermanViet View Post
    These are the big conflicts I can remember.

    I could talk a bit more about their game, LoL. Gameplay/graphic is a matter of taste. But if we compare the features.........
    Now let's go back to Valve. Are they honest? No, they refuse to admit their shit report system is shit, they refuse to communicate about their slow as fuck production, they basically own Reddit, and they clearly don't care about their games at all. They are chores. The only time they REALL work is when they know the compendiums will make them richer. The rest of the year, pretty much nothing.
    Spoiler: 

  6. #175746
    Basic Member Lion.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    1,826
    Quote Originally Posted by katsaroulhs View Post
    K, let's see.


    Why should he continue to support a game that would be a competitor?


    WHo cares lol, are people dumb enough to search for Dota 2, see Lo: and actually play it? It is kinda trashy, but no reason to hate.


    3 of the were 100% true, with only the "imba matches" being a matter of different views on balance.



    These two are bullshit, true. Still, they give a fuck about their game, unlike Valve.


    Pretty much every company tries at some point. Apple sued samsung for similar bullshit.


    Again, are people so stupid to believe things without proof?



    Now let's go back to Valve. Are they honest? No, they refuse to admit their shit report system is shit, they refuse to communicate about their slow as fuck production, they basically own Reddit, and they clearly don't care about their games at all. They are chores. The only time they REALL work is when they know the compendiums will make them richer. The rest of the year, pretty much nothing.
    Gaben already admitted that their communication and support is shit, he said something along the line "people usually criticize us for our bad support and communication" and then made an excuse that they only hire professionals and if they had to support it would increase dev time.

    Also all your reasons covered in riot's shine. "ok riot tried to kill new competitors so what", "riot tried to monopolize their market so what", "riot released false statements so what". they didnt do anything illegal but everything they done was shady as fuck.

    Can you say what, in your opinions, is better in LoL than in Dota, and why Valve ruined Dota for you?
    ψ RAISE YOUR PITCHFORKS ψ
    Valve's TO DO LIST (I see you guys keep forgetting so I made one for you):
    - Viper remodel - Slardar remodel - Pit Lord
    - Manila Compendium - New UI - 6.88 (a real patch this time)

  7. #175747
    Basic Member erik-the-red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    4,682
    Quote Originally Posted by katsaroulhs View Post
    Now let's go back to Valve. Are they honest? No, they refuse to admit their shit report system is shit, they refuse to communicate about their slow as fuck production, they basically own Reddit, and they clearly don't care about their games at all. They are chores. The only time they REALL work is when they know the compendiums will make them richer. The rest of the year, pretty much nothing.
    It's water under the bridge because it happened last year, but for me, how Valve handled the TI4 Fnatic fiasco shows how slick and dishonest they (and especially Erik Johnson) can be. They released e-mails while *cough* "accidentally" *cough* "forgetting" to include two that made them look bad. The dumbass community ate it all up and when the two missing ones were included, it didn't matter because Fnatic were the bad guise and Valve were the good guise protecting the players from the evil, greedy managers.

    I don't think it's a coincidence that shortly after this, Valve thought they could get away with level locking a stretch goal that was not originally stated to be level locked. I highly doubt that was an accident from a "rogue" employee (which makes no sense anyway given how Valve brags about their internal "no bosses" structure). They thought the community were a bunch of complete fucking retarded dumbasses, and I'm glad they got the shitstorm that followed because they deserved to be punished for their greed.

    Did they revert that in less than an hour? They sure did. What does this show? You want Valve to do something right and fast? Better organize a Metacritic bomb.
    We need a player review system like Overwatch for DotA 2. Get real people to judge communication abuse, intentional skill abuse, and intentional feeding.



    merci fenix

  8. #175748
    Basic Member at35z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Nnw6qrcX1k0
    Posts
    2,010
    I decided I'm collecting loading screens from now on. Any of you have some you don't need?
    Credits to Phoenix.

  9. #175749
    Basic Member katsaroulhs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Orion Arm
    Posts
    16,971
    Riot did what they had to do to get their game started. Let's not forget, that Valve made an already ripe game. Ready community, ready fanbase, ready playerbase, and it was published on the most used gaming platfrom to date: steam. They didn't have to do anything "shady" because there was almost 0 risk involved.
    Riot didn't have that for the most part. HoN was there as well. They had to do something. Which shows that they "care" about the product.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lion. View Post
    Can you say what, in your opinions, is better in LoL than in Dota, and why Valve ruined Dota for you?
    No communication, no real report system, slow production rate, bad servers, no region lock, no surrender system.
    Now mechanically? I believe Dota 2 is FAR superior, and much more fun to play. But the above reason won;t let me have fun with it.

    YOu asked for my opinion.
    Spoiler: 

  10. #175750
    Basic Member <><'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,915
    Noya http://www.playdotacraft.com/

    Anyone willing to look at making a website for dotacraft?
    Last edited by <><; 08-27-2015 at 07:46 AM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •