Page 18188 of 18660 FirstFirst ... 17188 17688 18088 18138 18178 18186 18187 18188 18189 18190 18198 18238 18288 ... LastLast
Results 181,871 to 181,880 of 186591

Thread: Patch Anticipation Station

  1. #181871
    Basic Member fine93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Posts
    1,559
    Quote Originally Posted by crowblade View Post
    Hats look really nice, yes. Especially the void mace. Too bad the hero is trash.

    Just like the game. Nice greed right there.
    More greedy with every TI lel.

    Classic valve all over. I'm done with this game even more.

    (No I won't leave this board, I need to release the salt somewhere)
    you'll be back, you don't just quit dota
    Minecraft >>> dota 2


  2. #181872
    Basic Member at35z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Nnw6qrcX1k0
    Posts
    2,010
    Literally the only thing that made me say "wow that's cool" is the lvl 125 terrain. That looks pretty nice. Here's my detailed Battle Pass Analysis:

    Immortals? Will be worthless anyways. Only rare drops will be worth something, and even that is not much either. Not that I'd buy it for the profit only, but if I want an immortal, I'll be able to pick one up for 20 cents anyway in September. Also, there are too fucking many! The first treasure contains 9. If the rest doesn't have more that's still 27 Immortals, not counting the two more immortal treasures that will come with real-life secret shop merchandise. These are just not exclusive or exciting anymore.

    Quests & Achivements? Will ruin games anyways.

    Taunts? Who cares.

    Ward? Ugly AF.

    Loading Screens? They (again) are literally recycling already existing art as new loading screen (just like last year when they recycled concept art.)

    This shit has literally been a Steam profile background for YEARS.

    Courier? Looks kind of cute I guess. But I'm not really interested in the levelup styles because those are kind of ugly.

    Change River colors? This is just straight up bullshit. Why is it good? Most of them looks ugly and disturbing and it says it will be applied to all players. I DON'T WANT TO!

    LC item? idc

    Compendium? Like anyone gives a fuck. People buy this for hats, not because of the esport behind it. 70% of last years Compendium owners didn't care about the shit behind it, only about the shiny immortals. I guarantee that.


    The bad things aside, I like this year's theme. This red-white thing looks good. And I guess this quest thing is fun with friends maybe?

    I'm looking at these negative things first because I'm fucking mad at Valve for being lazy as hell and releasing moneygrab shtifests all the time. But I'll think about it.

    If the level 125 terrain can be reached without having to spend ANY amount of additional money on it and purely playing quests, I'll grab one perhaps. Maybe.

    Oh wait nevermind I decided to do some math right now:

    Quests:

    If for some magical reason I manage to get 3 stars on all tasks, I can get a maximum of 3(15*200+15*300+15*400) = 40 000 points --> Level 40.

    Completing those thee Quests also complete the Achievements that grant 500 + 1000 points ---> Level 41,5

    Completing with 3 starts also completes the Achivements that grant 1000 + 2000 points ----> Level 44,5

    Achivements:

    Tipping 50 players grant 2050 points ----> Level 46,550

    Completing daily challenges 500 + 500 + 1000 ---> Level 48,550

    Completing daily hero challenges 500 + 500 + 1000 ---> Level 50,550

    Voting so Riki won't get an arcana 100 + 1000 ----> Level 51,650

    Redeeming level award... (leveling up?) 100 ----> Level 51,750

    Playing Fire bitch and Ice bitch's games 200 points ---> Level 51,950

    (the rest of the achievements do NOT count because that involves purchasing more treasures, and another Battle Pass to a friend. At level 51, you only have 5 Treasure 1s.)

    Other than these, you can only level up vie Wagering (without spending money)

    Without wagering, you get 1 level every week with the resetting tokens? If so, there are 16 weeks until the end of the pass. ---> Level 66,950.

    Wagering:

    If every week you just double your tokens, that's 32 levels ---> Level 83.

    If every week you triple your tokens, that's 48 levels ---> Level 99.

    If you quadruple your tokens EVERY week, that's 64 levels ----> Level 115. (Which is not very realistic.)

    With added pure luck:

    Lina has this thing that has a chance to win 24k points, that's Level 139 (with quadrupled tokens).

    Summary

    So basically if you don't feel like spending more money than the lvl 1 Battle Pass, you are UNABLE to reach Level 125 and get the terrain without any additional luck and/or successful betting.
    Credits to Phoenix.

  3. #181873
    Basic Member fine93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Posts
    1,559
    lul are you mad the river thing is soo cool!?@?

    it just sucks its for all players and on charges....

    oo yea and you have to get to like >!#> 2000 levels??? what is this
    Last edited by fine93; 05-17-2016 at 01:44 AM.
    Minecraft >>> dota 2


  4. #181874
    Basic Member crowblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,985
    The river thing is just advanced BM.

    "WHICH FUCKER ACTIVATED THIS SHIT RIVER COLOR AGAIN?"

    Apart from that, it has charges? hahaha, so I spend hundreds of dollars to get a colored river and after a set amount its gone?
    haha, literally valve be like: "fuck you guys, just gief the money"

    Quote Originally Posted by at35z
    Compendium? Like anyone gives a fuck. People buy this for hats, not because of the esport behind it. 70% of last years Compendium owners didn't care about the shit behind it, only about the shiny immortals. I guarantee that.
    As much as people on the dota community hate to admit that, but d2 is not a great e-sport game. Crowdfunded events are meaningless, because basically only the "crowd" knows about it anyway.
    Ofcourse, getting a prizepool in 7 digits does draw some attention, but as soon as this prizepool isn't paid by sponsors its pretty meaningless in the e-sport world anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by katsaroulhs View Post
    Also, I am laughing so hard because you people actually expected smth better from Valve. Some of you have been here for years. Some of us have been here from the beta, watching this mess of a game getting developed. And you STILL are surprised when you are fed shit. [...]

  5. #181875
    Basic Member Lion.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    1,826
    Fuck I only have $7 on my Steam wallet
    ψ RAISE YOUR PITCHFORKS ψ
    Valve's TO DO LIST (I see you guys keep forgetting so I made one for you):
    - Viper remodel - Slardar remodel - Pit Lord
    - Manila Compendium - New UI - 6.88 (a real patch this time)

  6. #181876
    Basic Member fine93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Posts
    1,559
    Quote Originally Posted by crowblade View Post
    The river thing is just advanced BM.

    "WHICH FUCKER ACTIVATED THIS SHIT RIVER COLOR AGAIN?"

    Apart from that, it has charges? hahaha, so I spend hundreds of dollars to get a colored river and after a set amount its gone?
    haha, literally valve be like: "fuck you guys, just gief the money"



    As much as people on the dota community hate to admit that, but d2 is not a great e-sport game. Crowdfunded events are meaningless, because basically only the "crowd" knows about it anyway.
    Ofcourse, getting a prizepool in 7 digits does draw some attention, but as soon as this prizepool isn't paid by sponsors its pretty meaningless in the e-sport world anyway.
    you have to unlock it first its like every 300 levels or something

    then you buy it from the shop (new players will be like wtf???)

    the you activate it like a dust i guess and it changes the water for 10 minutes

    and after you waste all the charges its gone
    Minecraft >>> dota 2


  7. #181877
    Basic Member katsaroulhs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Orion Arm
    Posts
    16,973
    Quote Originally Posted by fine93 View Post
    you'll be back, you don't just quit dota
    I have quit Dota 2. For quite some time. Your argument is invalid. You are also weak.
    Spoiler: 

  8. #181878
    Basic Member katsaroulhs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Orion Arm
    Posts
    16,973
    Also, I am laughing so hard because you people actually expected smth better from Valve. Some of you have been here for years. Some of us have been here from the beta, watching this mess of a game getting developed. And you STILL are surprised when you are fed shit.

    Some advice: if you don't like the taste of fecal matter, keep your mouths closed.
    Spoiler: 

  9. #181879
    Basic Member crowblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,985
    Quote Originally Posted by fine93 View Post
    you have to unlock it first its like every 300 levels or something

    then you buy it from the shop (new players will be like wtf???)

    the you activate it like a dust i guess and it changes the water for 10 minutes

    and after you waste all the charges its gone
    Oh I see. So no real money. But its even worse, because the river's gonna change 15 times every game. Sick plays.

    Quote Originally Posted by katsaroulhs View Post
    Also, I am laughing so hard because you people actually expected smth better from Valve. Some of you have been here for years. Some of us have been here from the beta, watching this mess of a game getting developed. And you STILL are surprised when you are fed shit.

    Some advice: if you don't like the taste of fecal matter, keep your mouths closed.
    FUCKING SAVAGE.

    Kat is right on point again. This quote should be the first post of this thread or something.
    In fact, I'm gonna use it in my sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by katsaroulhs View Post
    Also, I am laughing so hard because you people actually expected smth better from Valve. Some of you have been here for years. Some of us have been here from the beta, watching this mess of a game getting developed. And you STILL are surprised when you are fed shit. [...]

  10. #181880
    Basic Member fine93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Posts
    1,559
    Quote Originally Posted by katsaroulhs View Post
    I have quit Dota 2. For quite some time. Your argument is invalid. You are also weak.
    yea stfu dude :P
    Minecraft >>> dota 2


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •