Page 18577 of 18677 FirstFirst ... 17577 18077 18477 18527 18567 18575 18576 18577 18578 18579 18587 18627 ... LastLast
Results 185,761 to 185,770 of 186763

Thread: Patch Anticipation Station

Quote Originally Posted by katsaroulhs View Post
    It's nothing to Valve and in comparison to what they earn in total, but they are a company. Profit is all that matters and I understand that.
    Okay, so just to test the waters here, how much do you estimate TI7 costs to hosts (all expenses, not just the 7 day event itself), and how much do you estimate the turnover to be (all incomes directly related to the TI)?

I do not know. But something tells me you are about to tell me and make it seem that valve doesn't make a profit from TIs, and they are all doing it for the community.
    Spoiler: 

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzymodus View Post
    You do realise hosting the TI isn't cheap, right?
    This is unrelated.

They are organizing the same shit as last year, meaning the costs are somewhat the same. Why increase the moneygrab then? They need more money to buy more confetti this year?
    Credits to Phoenix.

LOOK AT THIS ASS LICKING, FUCKING CUNT COMMUNITY

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comme..._to_play_game/
    Minecraft >>> dota 2

Quote Originally Posted by fine93 View Post
    LOOK AT THIS ASS LICKING, FUCKING CUNT COMMUNITY

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comme..._to_play_game/
    Genuinely, if I could choose between having to collect heroes and seeing cosmetics that don't fit the game, I'd pick the purchasable heroes.
    Credits to Phoenix.

Not going to complain until valve says hero at $20 each. so that the game cost $2000 weew lads.

Retardit is as it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    Nope. Windows Explorer is not a database
    Take a look into the mirror! You think you are completely unfailable. With your limited knowledge, you think that you know more than someone who is very deep in the matter/an expert.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comme..._still_is_the/

Holy shit look the guys usernames.

Is Valve botting reddit to shill for them?
    Take a look into the mirror! You think you are completely unfailable. With your limited knowledge, you think that you know more than someone who is very deep in the matter/an expert.

Quote Originally Posted by katsaroulhs View Post
    I do not know. But something tells me you are about to tell me and make it seem that valve doesn't make a profit from TIs, and they are all doing it for the community.
    Oh, they definitely make a profit from TI, and quite a decent one. However, all the preparations cost millions before Valve actually turns a profit. Yes, they can reliably assume they'll turn a profit, but when there are millions at stake, any company is going to play it safe. That's not greed, that's basic business acumen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzymodus View Post
    Oh, they definitely make a profit from TI, and quite a decent one. However, all the preparations cost millions before Valve actually turns a profit. Yes, they can reliably assume they'll turn a profit, but when there are millions at stake, any company is going to play it safe. That's not greed, that's basic business acumen.
    Made a profit the last 5 years they did it.

What risk is there exactly?

How is setting up an event any riskier than investing in the creation of a new game?

Oh rights its not, and in fact events are less riskier since you can advertise and sell tickets and related items before the event is set up and prepared.

You think they already paid for everything 2 months in advance? Heh, as a supplier of a service or a seller of goods, when it comes to big companies you have to pull them dragging and screaming to get payment. They literally give 0 shits and often they hold really tight onto their balance for cashflow reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowfeather View Post
    Made a profit the last 5 years they did it.

What risk is there exactly?

How is setting up an event any riskier than investing in the creation of a new game?

Oh rights its not, and in fact events are less riskier since you can advertise and sell tickets and related items before the event is set up and prepared.

You think they already paid for everything 2 months in advance? Heh, as a supplier of a service or a seller of goods, when it comes to big companies you have to pull them dragging and screaming to get payment. They literally give 0 shits and often they hold really tight onto their balance for cashflow reasons.
    Imagine if - for whatever reason - the KeyArena would become unusable, or worse, would have to be evacuated during the event (fire, bomb threat, hell, an actual terrorist attack). That would cost Valve millions. They need to ensure they turn a profit no matter what happens, including the worst-case scenario (and to be honest, a bomb threat isn't all that unrealistic).