Page 18585 of 18677 FirstFirst ... 17585 18085 18485 18535 18575 18583 18584 18585 18586 18587 18595 18635 ... LastLast
Results 185,841 to 185,850 of 186763

Thread: Patch Anticipation Station

an operation for cs go after 2 years wow http://www.counter-strike.net/operationhydra/

There is purity in silence.
    STEAM, REDDIT, WIKI

Quote Originally Posted by ZaHiR View Post
    an operation for cs go after 2 years wow http://www.counter-strike.net/operationhydra/
    Too bad I suck all the balls @ it.

& Also, again, fuck off. I paid for the game, why you gotta have microtransactions? I mean, yeah, not expensive but still.
    Credits to Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by at35z View Post
    Too bad I suck all the balls @ it.

& Also, again, fuck off. I paid for the game, why you gotta have microtransactions? I mean, yeah, not expensive but still.
    How do people have problems with cosmetic MTX?

Nobody is forcing you to throw your wallet at the game. It's entirely optional, and nothing but cosmetic stuff is paywalled.

Stuff like what Jagex does with Runescape is bad MTX. You can literally purchase XP in runescape now.

It's an ethical issue. You pay for something, you have access to ALL of it. Of course no company is ethical so I can't blame Valve on this.
    Spoiler: 

hey chairider stop ignoring me FFS give some info on the heroes icefraud is working on
    Minecraft >>> dota 2

Quote Originally Posted by FishPls View Post
    How do people have problems with cosmetic MTX?

Nobody is forcing you to throw your wallet at the game. It's entirely optional, and nothing but cosmetic stuff is paywalled.

Stuff like what Jagex does with Runescape is bad MTX. You can literally purchase XP in runescape now.
    Rune Scape is a bad example because ever since I know about it, it has always had the Membership system, which is completely different, since it's normally a free game, you can enjoy some parts of it to try out and then decide whether you want to pay for the rest or not. That's fine. But if I play full price for something, I like enjoying all of it, like most customers do.

Of course it's not as bad as the Sims series or anything because it doesn't affect the game directly, but they still constantly remind me of it with "GIVE US MORE MONEY" in-game ads that can't be fucked off. I probably should shut up, though, because I did in fact get a case key once, just for fun, but never after because I don't really like random reward moneyholes.

Still, the operations are basically events, content updates with new, supposedly "fun" stuff. Why do I have to pay for the updates of the game, that don't even last forever? At least make them permanent, & at least they become expansion packs, which make much more sense than an event for a period of time.

If they make it free-to-play, I'd happily shut up, because then the only source of income would be the hats & operations.
    Credits to Phoenix.

But then again, my life is too shitty to ever be satisfied, so I'll just keep on complaining whatever happens.
    Credits to Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by at35z View Post
    Rune Scape is a bad example because ever since I know about it, it has always had the Membership system, which is completely different, since it's normally a free game, you can enjoy some parts of it to try out and then decide whether you want to pay for the rest or not. That's fine. But if I play full price for something, I like enjoying all of it, like most customers do.
    RuneScape has three different forms, though. It has the Membership feature, which unlocks a shitload of new content. It has Solomon's Store, where you can buy cosmetics. And then it has Treasure Hunter, which is a sort of roulette like game where you can win resources, gold and experience (which is the pay to win aspect). They also occasionally do 'promotions' where you need to grind (usually an unreasonable amount) for content within a certain time frame, or you can just pay for it with cash and be done with it.

The first two are fine, the third one is definitely dodgy.

roster lock has been extended 2 days https://twitter.com/DOTA2/status/867505329684094981
    If you find spelling errors, you are free to take them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2011 View Post
    roster lock has been extended 2 days https://twitter.com/DOTA2/status/867505329684094981
    Nobody cares. Should've posted the performance patch, that would have been much more interesting. But you missed that opportunity, so shame on you.
    Credits to Phoenix.