Page 18626 of 18677 FirstFirst ... 17626 18126 18526 18576 18616 18624 18625 18626 18627 18628 18636 18676 ... LastLast
Results 186,251 to 186,260 of 186763

Thread: Patch Anticipation Station

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crowblade View Post
    Well its basically Dota without 30min of afk farming lane.

Nah, it's way different. Because it has strong objectives on the map you are actually forced to teamfight most of the time, which is why I like it more. It might be a kiddie MOBA, but the laning phase in dota always bored the shit out of me.
    I know, some people actually like that and it's fine, but for me, nah. [...]
    It depends on the role you are playing. Carry, of course, is boring as fuck. But I usually play offlane/roam/roaming support which is interesting, because you are involved into more fighting early on whilst trying to create an advantage for your team (or helping out weak mid players).

But for the last weeks, I didn't play Dota so much, because it's always the same: You join a game, 2 kids argue about their toy being stolen (usually mid lane or hero xyz) and then they don't care about the ranked match anymore. "Competition" at it's finest, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dota2.com
    The next major update will add a ranked matchmaking feature to the game. This mode is aimed at experienced players who want to play in a more competitive environment [...]
    Src: http://de.dota2.com/2013/12/matchmaking-2/

Competitive lane stealing mode ;D
    Last edited by wolf633; 08-10-2017 at 01:24 AM.

The only problem I see: what universe is valve using for it? Half Life? Because the dota universe isn't really a universe with lore, is it? And that's a big key for HS.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf633 View Post
    But for the last weeks, I didn't play Dota so much, because it's always the same: You join a game, 2 kids argue about their toy being stolen (usually mid lane or hero xyz) and then they don't care about the ranked match anymore. "Competition" at it's finest, lol.
    Haven't matchmaked in about two months now for this exact reason.

We had this ranked discussion before, didn't we? Ranked brings all the toxicity in every game, on the other hand though. If you don't have ranked, people get bored with the game easily.

So there is no good way of doing it.

HotS ranked is funny. From bronze up until low diamond, the skill is exactly the same: Trash. Above that it gets better, but long Queue's because hots doesn't have as many players.
    Quote Originally Posted by katsaroulhs View Post
    Also, I am laughing so hard because you people actually expected smth better from Valve. Some of you have been here for years. Some of us have been here from the beta, watching this mess of a game getting developed. And you STILL are surprised when you are fed shit. [...]

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzymodus View Post

LUL

Honestly. What lore is there in dota universe to make a card game of? All the heroes are pretty much copies from WC3 with different skills.

A big part for Hearthstone is that you can play all your heroes from WoW as "cards" or have them in your collection. I don't see how anyone besides dota players would care about this game.
    Also, I am laughing so hard because you people actually expected smth better from Valve. Some of you have been here for years. Some of us have been here from the beta, watching this mess of a game getting developed. And you STILL are surprised when you are fed shit. [...]

I don't see how anyone besides dota players would care about this game.
    Oh, they won't. But considering DotA is their largest playerbase by far, it only makes sense to appeal to those players.

On an unrelated note, I love that how despite the complaints that Valve no longer makes games, any game they make that is not Half-Life 3 or Left 4 Dead 3 leads to public outrage.

Only two titles for the entitled, apparently.

But wait, what other game did they make recently?

Also, who gives a shit about a card game where valve is way to late anyway, since there are 15 million in existance.

People want a game from valve's successful universes. I mean, even a Half Life card game would've been better.

Also, who gives a shit about a card game where valve is way to late anyway, since there are 15 million in existance.

People want a game from valve's successful universes. I mean, even a Half Life card game would've been better.
    Card games are so lame anyway. I only played Hearthstone for the duration I did was because I love mindlessly hoarding collectible virtual items. Opening card packs was literally the highlight of that game for me. Other than that, I very often get/got the feeling that the winner only wins because they have that specific, powerful card OR they drew the right card at the right time. I really don't think that's fair.

That being said, if Artifact is a card collecting game as well, I'll probably play it for some time just to hoard some cards, but if you get all cards immediately—and that's probably the fairest but impossible conception—I won't.
    Credits to Phoenix.

WTF thread suddenly alive
    Minecraft >>> dota 2

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzymodus View Post
    Spoiler: