Page 18635 of 18677 FirstFirst ... 17635 18135 18535 18585 18625 18633 18634 18635 18636 18637 18645 ... LastLast
Results 186,341 to 186,350 of 186763

Thread: Patch Anticipation Station

  1. #186341
    Basic Member LION?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6
    I hated Valve before it was cool

  2. #186342
    Basic Member at35z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Nnw6qrcX1k0
    Posts
    2,010
    Quote Originally Posted by LION? View Post
    I hated Valve before it was cool
    We all did here. We are the hipsters of Valve hatred. All those noobs ain't know nothing.
    Credits to Phoenix.

  3. #186343
    Basic Member Kazzymodus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Monday
    Posts
    551
    I've been reading some of the comments regarding Marc Laidlaw's thing.

    I didn't know institutionalised denial was a thing.

  4. #186344
    Basic Member aveyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    EU West
    Posts
    2,927
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazzymodus View Post
    I've been reading some of the comments regarding Marc Laidlaw's thing.

    I didn't know institutionalised denial was a thing.
    Every year for the past decade:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaben View Post
    The HL project will continue, and it will be epic! But for now, let's do this [..] and that [..] and that [..] and let's do those [..] too, and next month or so, it's lambda time!
    So if actual Valve employees were lead to believe it will still happen, why the actual fuck you pitiful people call the fans in denial and mock them, when every signal from Valve for the past decade was that "we are working on it" - and, shocking, they have worked on not just one, but dozen versions - or hinting that they expect the industry to catch up, the next big thing VR & all??

    One by one, the original HL team got sick of the lame delays and lies and hours of late night work that probably won't ever be published, while being forced to work on disgusting "slot-machine" jobs like DOTA 2. Well, the last man standing has left the building, when it was 100% certain the game is dead.

    Praise genius lord Gaben, grabbing and holding captive and exploiting a handful of extraordinary talented people that loved the game so much as to put up with anything just to see their story completed, instead of finishing the game while hot and then move on and create maybe something even better for other companies. Now, their spirit is broken and are too old to be a threat any more. Many CS and DOTA players kinda feel the same way so they can relate, after years of bullshit hidden pools and psycho-marketing shit that has nothing to do with the game, personal skill, or the concept of fair-play.

  5. #186345
    Basic Member crowblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,985
    Quote Originally Posted by at35z View Post
    idunno, if I look at the heroes… maybe some of them aren't childish. The Diablo ones are all OK, the Starcraft one is a somewhat healthy mix, but the rest of them seem very childish to me. Overwatch, especially. That shit is straight out of a shitty cartoon. "Freedom Fighting DJ" you are fucking kidding me.

    My personal problem with WoW characters is that everyone is too exaggerated. All of them look like a caricature. Mostly, the man-to-armor ratio is not that great. All I can see is a tiny head surrounded by a SHITTON of armor. All male heroes (with the exception of the wizard things) have the "LOOK HOW BIG I AM" clothing, are insanely bulky and have their features exaggerated to the extent that you can tell how they feel from hundreds of miles away. The female heroes look all bitchy. And then there are the cute pandas and other creatures.

    I guess what I'm trying to say is that I can't take any of them seriously.

    And yes, the skins are 90% atrocious. Seriously out of place and ridiculous.

    PEGI 12. If that's what they want… Whatever.

    At least every one of them is greatly designed, all have character, and have enough features to be easily recognized. Too bad skins ruin all this, though.
    I do agree on the Overwatch heroes, they also ruined the balance in this game completely because they can shoot while moving which is utterly retarded.

    Warcraft has always been a bit flashy and yes they are full of stereotypes. That's why we got the poledancing wizard. Because the kids love it.

    Quote Originally Posted by aveyo View Post
    Every year for the past decade:

    So if actual Valve employees were lead to believe it will still happen, why the actual fuck you pitiful people call the fans in denial and mock them, when every signal from Valve for the past decade was that "we are working on it" - and, shocking, they have worked on not just one, but dozen versions - or hinting that they expect the industry to catch up, the next big thing VR & all??

    One by one, the original HL team got sick of the lame delays and lies and hours of late night work that probably won't ever be published, while being forced to work on disgusting "slot-machine" jobs like DOTA 2. Well, the last man standing has left the building, when it was 100% certain the game is dead.

    Praise genius lord Gaben, grabbing and holding captive and exploiting a handful of extraordinary talented people that loved the game so much as to put up with anything just to see their story completed, instead of finishing the game while hot and then move on and create maybe something even better for other companies. Now, their spirit is broken and are too old to be a threat any more. Many CS and DOTA players kinda feel the same way so they can relate, after years of bullshit hidden pools and psycho-marketing shit that has nothing to do with the game, personal skill, or the concept of fair-play.
    I couldn't agree more. The reveal of the actual Episode 3 plot was really pointing onto valve. Apart from the retarded Valve Network News bullshit who speculated this might be intended by valve (for whatever fucking reason) I honestly think this was just by a writer who never got the chance to tie up the lose ends of his story altough promised to do so over years.
    I mean, he even said he would end the story of Ep3 that way that someone else could keep on with the half life franchise instead of him and Half Life 3 or any other products could be spinoffs or even proceed a story written by someone else if needed.

    What a great dude.

    Too bad fucking GabeN didn't see the need to get this game finally out, everyone wanted so badly.

    Also Kazzy, nice try still defending your view that all of the community is retards when it gets more and more apparent that valve actually WAS working on Episode 3 but just couldn't get it done, but instead of saying "it didn't work out" they kept saying nothing, which just kept the hype up.
    We don't know why it didn't happen or anything, but you can just safely stfu now with blaming the community for this.
    Last edited by crowblade; 08-27-2017 at 11:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by katsaroulhs View Post
    Also, I am laughing so hard because you people actually expected smth better from Valve. Some of you have been here for years. Some of us have been here from the beta, watching this mess of a game getting developed. And you STILL are surprised when you are fed shit. [...]

  6. #186346
    Basic Member Kazzymodus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Monday
    Posts
    551
    Quote Originally Posted by crowblade View Post
    I do agree on the Overwatch heroes, they also ruined the balance in this game completely because they can shoot while moving which is utterly retarded.

    Warcraft has always been a bit flashy and yes they are full of stereotypes. That's why we got the poledancing wizard. Because the kids love it.



    I couldn't agree more. The reveal of the actual Episode 3 plot was really pointing onto valve. Apart from the retarded Valve Network News bullshit who speculated this might be intended by valve (for whatever fucking reason) I honestly think this was just by a writer who never got the chance to tie up the lose ends of his story altough promised to do so over years.
    I mean, he even said he would end the story of Ep3 that way that someone else could keep on with the half life franchise instead of him and Half Life 3 or any other products could be spinoffs or even proceed a story written by someone else if needed.

    What a great dude.

    Too bad fucking GabeN didn't see the need to get this game finally out, everyone wanted so badly.

    Also Kazzy, nice try still defending your view that all of the community is retards when it gets more and more apparent that valve actually WAS working on Episode 3 but just couldn't get it done, but instead of saying "it didn't work out" they kept saying nothing, which just kept the hype up.
    We don't know why it didn't happen or anything, but you can just safely stfu now with blaming the community for this.
    I don't know, I define 'working on' in this context as 'dedicating significant resources to actually produce a complete retail product'. Not 'milling about in the Source Engine trying out a few things' (because yes, that is literally how Valve's flat structure works, you should know that by now). Yes, maybe Valve should've explicitly said that they were dropping Ep3, but that's a statement you can't really go back on (except of course when someone puts the entire plot online), so why would you permanently lock yourself out of that possibility?

    I'm not calling the community 'retards' at all. It's just that if you make incorrect assumptions about what the game development business is like, you have no one to blame but yourself when it turns out you're wrong.
    Last edited by Kazzymodus; 08-28-2017 at 02:40 PM.

  7. #186347
    Basic Member crowblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,985
    You keep defending the game development business like "well, that's how it is".

    First, we used to know valve as not being part of the cashgrabbing assholes the rest of the gaming companies is like, but they joined the cult.
    Second, we didn't make false assumptions, GabeN actually SAID they were working on Ep3. In 2008. So getting the hype for it is just common sense because it was announced to be happening.

    So, it's not the community that's wrong, you are wrong. Because you keep defending this company which blatantly didn't give a shit about their customers and kept riding on the hype train even though it was already dying and even NOW where everyone hates them and it got revealed they don't feel the need to say anything about it.

    Really was a Breaking Bad for Valve over the last decade.
    Quote Originally Posted by katsaroulhs View Post
    Also, I am laughing so hard because you people actually expected smth better from Valve. Some of you have been here for years. Some of us have been here from the beta, watching this mess of a game getting developed. And you STILL are surprised when you are fed shit. [...]

  8. #186348
    Basic Member Kazzymodus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Monday
    Posts
    551
    Quote Originally Posted by crowblade View Post
    You keep defending the game development business like "well, that's how it is".

    First, we used to know valve as not being part of the cashgrabbing assholes the rest of the gaming companies is like, but they joined the cult.
    Second, we didn't make false assumptions, GabeN actually SAID they were working on Ep3. In 2008. So getting the hype for it is just common sense because it was announced to be happening.

    So, it's not the community that's wrong, you are wrong. Because you keep defending this company which blatantly didn't give a shit about their customers and kept riding on the hype train even though it was already dying and even NOW where everyone hates them and it got revealed they don't feel the need to say anything about it.

    Really was a Breaking Bad for Valve over the last decade.
    Yes, they were working on Ep3 in 2008. That was over nine years ago. Is it that hard to, over the course of nine years without any concrete material to show for it or any form of official confirmation, see the writing on the wall? Or do you continue to take Valve's word as gospel (which, ironically, is an accusation usually directed at me) and refuse to even consider that they might have dropped Ep3 over that course if they didn't explicitly state so? Do they need to hand-hold you through the entire development process?

    Furthermore, all this outrage about Valve disappointing 'the fans' is bullshit. Half-Life 3 would appeal to a sizable, established market. All of Valve's other projects (Steam, hardware, VR, Artifact) appeal to a large, potential market, which, even in conservative estimations, are individually larger than the Half-Life fan base (including all the people drawn in by the hype). Valve employees choose what they work on, and they work on what they think creates the most value for their customers. That's all costumers, current and future, so not just Half-Life fans. If you think you have more right to a Half-Life game than someone who might play Artifact in the future (because the outrage came primarily from people who wanted that to be something else for the sake of it being something else, not because they dislike card games (and if they did, well, suck it, not everyone likes FPS single player narratives)), then you're just entitled.

    The claim that "Valve is Half-Life" was true back in 2004. Now it's 2017. Move on. Find something else to occupy your time with than waiting for a Half-Life game.

  9. #186349
    Basic Member crowblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,985
    Some great games took around 10 years to be finished. Oh, wait. Half Life 2 took 10 years.

    Ye, while it's unlikely they need 10 years for Ep3, because engine and mechanics were already in place, you never really know. Tbh I gave up on this years ago, however valve still kept saying nothing other than "i can't say anything about it" which 4 years after you dropped the game is just a stupid thing to do.

    No, I don't need GabeN to handhold me, but constantly teasing with "not gonna say anything" by knowing valve's image just says more yes than no.

    But maybe that was just me.

    Ofcourse Artifact will make millions and kids gonna be like "dude, why is everyone mad at valve, great game lel I'm 12 btw haHAA"

    Where old fans like us just get dicked currently. But I do get where you come from now. Business-wise valve is probably doing everything right, that's like your stance. For a company.

    But for me as a big fan, valve was more than just a gaming company, they made awesome games without only aiming for money. Back in the days. They cared more about the player than the investor.

    Things have changed. And that's why people don't like them anymore. They are just another EA company.
    Quote Originally Posted by katsaroulhs View Post
    Also, I am laughing so hard because you people actually expected smth better from Valve. Some of you have been here for years. Some of us have been here from the beta, watching this mess of a game getting developed. And you STILL are surprised when you are fed shit. [...]

  10. #186350
    Basic Member at35z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Nnw6qrcX1k0
    Posts
    2,010
    Quote Originally Posted by crowblade View Post
    No, I don't need GabeN to handhold me, but constantly teasing with "not gonna say anything" by knowing valve's image just says more yes than no.
    They didn't announce the cancellation of Diretide and Frostivus events even though they said it would be an annual thing. Only when the "deadline" came did they say "oh btw thanks for waiting but it's not happening lul". They don't have a "deadline" for HL, customers don't expect it on a certain date so nothing is to be said.
    Credits to Phoenix.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •