Page 18637 of 18678 FirstFirst ... 17637 18137 18537 18587 18627 18635 18636 18637 18638 18639 18647 ... LastLast
Results 186,361 to 186,370 of 186771

Thread: Patch Anticipation Station

Quote Originally Posted by Gozuu View Post
    Why would he say anything? Look at the hype that Half-Life has kept going with Valve not saying a word. If Valve went out and said "we're not doing this for another 2-3 years" or "We aren't going to make another Half-Life game in a long time", the interest would drop pretty rapidly.

I found this funny little paragraph from you earlier, which is making me laugh quite a lot, considering that Valve isn't considered "cool" by catering to their customers, but because they deliver experiences beyond what most other companies can deliver. Valve has very rarely catered to their customers, quite the contrary. They have made something they want to make, rather than what the millions of vocal Half-Life retards suggest they should make.
    Look how not saying anything has brought them a shitton of hate in the end. Did work for some years, yes. But people are fed up now atleast.

I mean, I find this to be quite funny. I actually agree with what you guys say, I do think the same as you guys, valve cares for their own "good" if you will. They only do what they want and it seems to have paid off so far.
    Yes. And this is exactly the major point of complaint.

Maybe I can't write that properly, so you guys don't understand me.

But Valve has joined the ranks of the other gaming companies like EA and Bethesda a.s.o.

Now, business wise this is probably a good thing.

But for fans like us this is a really bad thing.

Was that clear enough? Idk.
    Quote Originally Posted by katsaroulhs View Post
    Also, I am laughing so hard because you people actually expected smth better from Valve. Some of you have been here for years. Some of us have been here from the beta, watching this mess of a game getting developed. And you STILL are surprised when you are fed shit. [...]

Quote Originally Posted by crowblade View Post
    Look how not saying anything has brought them a shitton of hate in the end. Did work for some years, yes. But people are fed up now atleast.

I mean, I find this to be quite funny. I actually agree with what you guys say, I do think the same as you guys, valve cares for their own "good" if you will. They only do what they want and it seems to have paid off so far.
    Yes. And this is exactly the major point of complaint.

Maybe I can't write that properly, so you guys don't understand me.

But Valve has joined the ranks of the other gaming companies like EA and Bethesda a.s.o.

Now, business wise this is probably a good thing.

But for fans like us this is a really bad thing.

Was that clear enough? Idk.
    How many times do I need to repeat that "fans like [you]" are in the minority? Just because your interests aren't being catered to anymore doesn't mean Valve is completely shunning all customer relations.

Uhm, has there been ANY positive news about Artifact?

I mean a DOTA card game was teased at THE biggest DOTA event, and even there the reaction was "awww, shit"

I only see people hating on the fact that nobody wants this game, they want HL or Portal. And I don't know what other customers you are constantly (ye, I've noticed you repeating yourself) talking about. CS:GO? The whole community is pissed what valve has done to the game.
    Dota? I mean, look at this thread. People are playing it, but they still hating all the time.

What else? Steam? Granted. Steam is printing money, but I highly doubt ALL of valve is busy with steam alone?

You keep saying like only 5 people want another Half Life game and are therefore the minority of customers. Please tell me the other customers you're constantly referring to.
    Also, I am laughing so hard because you people actually expected smth better from Valve. Some of you have been here for years. Some of us have been here from the beta, watching this mess of a game getting developed. And you STILL are surprised when you are fed shit. [...]

Uhm, has there been ANY positive news about Artifact?

I mean a DOTA card game was teased at THE biggest DOTA event, and even there the reaction was "awww, shit"

I only see people hating on the fact that nobody wants this game, they want HL or Portal. And I don't know what other customers you are constantly (ye, I've noticed you repeating yourself) talking about. CS:GO? The whole community is pissed what valve has done to the game.
    Dota? I mean, look at this thread. People are playing it, but they still hating all the time.

What else? Steam? Granted. Steam is printing money, but I highly doubt ALL of valve is busy with steam alone?

You keep saying like only 5 people want another Half Life game and are therefore the minority of customers. Please tell me the other customers you're constantly referring to.
    You really don't get this whole marketing thing, do you?

The "awww, shit" reaction came from established customers who are into MOBAs. Artifact is not meant for them, it's meant for people who are into card games (like me, an avid NetRunner player). The fact that it uses the DotA 2 IP to supply the lore doesn't automatically mean that it's a new installment in the DotA franchise targeted at current players (Fallout: Shelter, anyone?).

What I'm trying to get at is that card game players are also customers. They're not established customers like us, but they're potential customers, just as viable as me and you. Just because we've already bought Valve products does not mean that we have more 'rights' than anyone who has not, and anyone who tells themselves otherwise is just acting entitled. Like, you know, a lot of Half-Life players over the last few weeks.

And yes, Steam (and VR, which you neglected to mention) do take a lot of development resources. Just because the results aren't immediately visible doesn't mean they're not being maintained or improved upon.

You are entitled if you think marketing is the only thing that mattered there at TI. If they had announced HL3 or something people would've still reacted different I'm fairly certain because everyone loved that series.
    They would atleast give it a shot, even as the established MOBA customers, someone even shouted "we want half life 3" at the teasereveal, but then it was just "another" cardgame, it was just another letdown for the fact valve announced "a new game"

You get that? Valve announcing a new game is still a thing of glory. Or it was. People expect either crazy shit or the long gone IP's to return.

But it was a cardgame that already existed for an IP that is already there. Nah.

And I don't blame valve for that, it makes money and these days it's difficult to come up with something completely new. That's why I think they should've officially let HL die years ago instead of having the embarrassment and image hit via the Artifact release AND and ex employee basically talking shit.
    Last edited by crowblade; 08-31-2017 at 03:34 AM.

You know what, this is going nowhere. Let's just agree on the fact we disagree entirely on this subject

For me, Valve's image has changed forever over the years. ded compani

But you can look forward to that card game!

All is fine.

Now back to anticipating.

Well, I just found something on youtube that is to be taken with a grain of salt. But apparently around a 100 people were working on Ep3 back in 2007.

But then, Valve decided they shift everything away from HL3 or even Ep3, because it's not worth the risk of the possibly outcry if the game is not even half as perfect as predicted, which it obviously won't be.
    (however, if valve's culture really is the freedom thing, this is bullshit (as stated in the video afterwards))

Which is understandeable tbh. We all know HL3 would never be as good, but this got only worse over the years and we are now at a point (or were for some years) that there is no turning back.

This is apparently from an intern source from valve. Said by a somewhat known channel on YT.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv-ZwjB5hQs
    At 5:05
    Ignore the meme stuff at the beginning.

Take that as you wish. I think it is plausible.

Looks like Valve got the hate no matter what. Not saying anything: hated for teasing but doing nothing.
    Releasing a game: Not living to the hype.
    Denying the game because not possible: internet be like "lul trash valve can't make their game"

I mean. I guess it was just personal decisions on which hate is easier to live with.

Guess I got my answer.

That, or it'll be HL VR. /s
    Last edited by crowblade; 08-31-2017 at 04:43 AM.

This is apparently from an intern source from valve. Said by a somewhat known channel on YT.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv-ZwjB5hQs
    At 5:05
    Ignore the meme stuff at the beginning.

Take that as you wish. I think it is plausible.
    I love how the VNN guy is basically crying at the end. Oops. Maybe the white knighting was a bit premature.
    Credits to Phoenix.

Ye that VNN channel is some legit Valve Knight. He will eat their shit no matter what valve does or not does.

I actually don't know anymore what to believe. Because Valve doesn't say anything anyways and well it's their right to do so. Doesn't mean I like it. I just sort of stop caring about it.

Pls giff help.

What the fuck did I write on this note, below the "Kg!"?

I wanted to gather some topics to talk about with someone but I wrote it laying down and not paying attention to the paper. This is all the clue I have based on my general handwriting. It's either Hungarian or English, really can't tell.
    Credits to Phoenix.