Page 18658 of 18660 FirstFirst ... 17658 18158 18558 18608 18648 18656 18657 18658 18659 18660 LastLast
Results 186,571 to 186,580 of 186594

Thread: Patch Anticipation Station

It's actually at 610k downvotes now.

The fuck.

This will probably the most downvoted comment for a loooong time. EA now backpedalled, but we know this was intended. Classic business practice, isn't it? Drop the bomb and soften the blow.
    They lowered the price now so they look like the guys that are "listening to the community" when in reality it's still pay2win and they get away with it.

People really underestimate the intelligence of PR managers and ppl working at a company the size of EA.

Fun fact, they are doing an AMA on wednesday about all this. I guess this'll go down well, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by katsaroulhs View Post
    Also, I am laughing so hard because you people actually expected smth better from Valve. Some of you have been here for years. Some of us have been here from the beta, watching this mess of a game getting developed. And you STILL are surprised when you are fed shit. [...]

I give the AMA 2 minutes before locking. The threats are already written, they just need to hit the Send button.
    Credits to Phoenix.

This.

I actually like for the first time ever how reddit reacts. EA changed the prices for the heroes, but they are still not buying it, because EA just did that to calm the people, but the pay2win is still in the game.
    First time EVER I actually think people on reddit are not totally retarded.

That's new. I'm surprised.
    Also, I am laughing so hard because you people actually expected smth better from Valve. Some of you have been here for years. Some of us have been here from the beta, watching this mess of a game getting developed. And you STILL are surprised when you are fed shit. [...]

Basic Member
    EA reducing the price for the heroes while simultaneously reducing the amounts of credit you get. Implement a change so all the prior outcry are outdated but simultaneously stick to the original plan. With minimum effort they changed the narrative, appeased a section of displeased customers and are still sticking to the master plan that is going to generate a shitton of money. They've done their research and know the sweet spot for maximum profit.
    EA had to pull some strings to be able to develop a Star Wars game. Star Wars franchise is owned by Disney. EA knows Star Wars has some very, very invested diehard fans that are probably willing to spend their 401k on a game. Such opportunity doesn't always present itself.

EA has been nominated worst company by the Consumerist in 2012 and 2013. People have been "boycotting" EA since forever but looking at their stocks it grew from 9,62 EUR (June 15th 2012) to 93,05 EUR (November 15th 2017). You could have tenfolded your wealth in a bit over 5 years if you invested at the right time - into the worst company. Actually EA is the worst consumer company. For an investor EA is doing everything right.

EA is known for buying gaming studios and running them into the ground. But how are they so successful?
    They play a high risk, high reward game. They try to milk as much as possible. When the cow is finally dry they liquify their assets and invest somewhere else. Who cares about making 10 good games if they can make 5 games that generate the income of 20 games? If Star Wars Battlefront 2 were to flop does it affect them in any significant way? They have enough experience with flopped games. They know some games will eventually flop. They know they lose customers. But why should they care if they are still generating more money? They are a very profit driven company. Stock holders know it and love EA for having the guts to run a gaming studio into the ground if it means generating more money.

They have researched their market well and are doing everything to maximize their profit. People can continue rallying up and screaming they are boycotting EA. And good for you if you follow through. But EA still exists after over 2 decades of complaining and boycotting.
    They've practically become immune to boycotting. It's within their calculation that some people will never become customers. It's also within their calculation that some people will not play their game because of the microtransactions.

Although this rant may sound like boycotting achieves nothing it does achieve something. If people were not boycotting EA would be a lot more bold with their microtransactions. Boycott them whenever you can but don't delusion yourself that EA will be gone. For that to happen you need pro-consumer laws (that we have in Europe), further improve it and more importantly have it enforced. Another aspect is that it shouldn't be a mere slap on the wrist. Some companies willfully take on the punishment since they are too light.
    Though getting through the bureaucracy and lobbying will be an extremely lengthy process. To combat EA effectively who is actually pushing for this? A normal citizen doesn't have the money nor time. You will need to find someone who represents your ideas.
    Pester your local government about consumer protection laws. Write your current representatives how you detest anti-consumer games.

All the current outcry now, will be forgotten, only for it to repeat itself once again. If you want to remove EA's microtransaction fetish you will need a different approach. "Boycotting" is not enough.
    It's only a matter of time for other companies to follow suit or worse being bought by EA or a similar company.
    James "2GD" Harding's career as a Dota 2 host on Valve events
    * 25.02.16 - 26.02.16
    Spoiler: 

Exactly.

It got sort of "leaked" especially the price for vader. It was 10k in the beta. Then they raised it to 60k. People cried. Now Vader is 15k to unlock.
    So it's actually more than before but people are now fine with it.

This is just genius. Evil. But genius.

It's a great tactic. If nobody cries, you make even more with the 60k to unlock. If people cry, you lower it but not AS low but you've "listened" and people are fine. Win-Win.

This however only works, because people are fucking sheeple and are fine when they somehow got "heard" and the dev "listened" to their outcry without proper researching it.
    They also dragged away the focus on the actual fraud which is the pay2win lootcrates. They are still in.

I mean, Valve was actually the company who made lootboxes popular (CSGO). But atleast it didn't affect gameplay.

Only thing you can do as a person is not buy EA games. Too bad they are so big already they got the license for my favourite universe. And the game itself is actually fucking great because they've managed to infect DICE.
    So what to do? I'm still gonna buy the game later this year. Fuck me. I can't help it.

Btw. They bought Respawn entertainment (guys who made Titanfall 2), so this franchise is dead aswell. RIP.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crowblade View Post
    Btw. They bought Respawn entertainment (guys who made Titanfall 2), so this franchise is dead aswell. RIP.
    Titanfall and Titanfall 2 was shit already. I had really high hopes for the franchise, but since the developer went away from purely PvP to PvP+E for some unknown stupid reason, all hype died instantly.

It looked cool, it played cool, but they simply wanted an element into the game, that made no sense. Yes, I'm talking about the Neutral Grunts that had no place in the game. Couple that with their Card system, which was the most absurdly shitty thing I've ever witnessed since Call of Duty pushed "obtainable guns"....Respawn Entertainment aren't any better. Their whole fight against Activison, their Publishers when the founders of Infinity Ward was doing Call of Duty, seems rather void now that they've been bought by EA.

Well COD died out years ago, so that's probably a bad comparison? I liked Titanfall 2. It's not a competetive game for sure, but it had the crisis-vibe to it. Gameplay felt very smooth and nice. I liked it.

News:
    Apparently EA backed out. Or probably Disney shittalked them idk. But they actually completely dropped the crystals from Battlefront 2. THe ingame currency purchaseable through real money is not a thing anymore. Everything is now only unlockable through playing.
    They said however it will come back when they've changed the system to an acceptable one. But for now it's gone.

Reddit is now saying "WE DID IT REDDIT" but I actually think it was Disney. People and magazines where reaching out to them why they allow gambling in one of their games.

I guess they were reaching out to EA showing their big dick and saying "guys, we own every right to star wars, if you keep fucking this up we gon seach for someone else to make SW games"

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crowblade View Post
    Well COD died out years ago, so that's probably a bad comparison? I liked Titanfall 2. It's not a competetive game for sure, but it had the crisis-vibe to it. Gameplay felt very smooth and nice. I liked it."
    I quite enjoyed Titanfall. I played it through the various beta-weekends, because I found West & Zampella to be great developers, looking back at Call of Duty 1-2, MW & MW2. The game felt smooth, as you said and the whole atmosphere within the game was ahead of anything similar, especially far ahead of CoD. It's just a shame they decided to add Grunts and that odd "Burn Card"-system, which ruined any competitive sense for me.

No idea about Paragon...never played it.

Basic Member
    This is just PR/damage control by EA. They removed microtransaction temporarily. They let the people play and then add MTX back. The resulting effects are: a) players can't refund, b) players are invested are forced to tolerate the change, c) players spend money to stay competitive in the game d) players quit (EA already knows and they don't care since they already got the money)
    EA has done this many times. Releasing half a game, then releasing the rest of the game in form of DLCs. So in order to have the full experience of the game you need to spend money in the 3-digit range.
    James "2GD" Harding's career as a Dota 2 host on Valve events
    * 25.02.16 - 26.02.16
    Spoiler: