Thread: Dota 2 lack of rules... & how to message someone outside of current match?

Dota 2 lack of rules... & how to message someone outside of current match?

So today, there was this guy who talked/behaved like a know-it-all a$$hole

he plays 10 minutes, complains a lot, leaves game, and despite that our team still wins after a very hard match

and I can't message him out of game to say how ridiculous he is?
    since when is it ok to be an a$$ and get away with it??

I would trash talk and then ignore him, he would ignore me as well, problem solved.

Why is Dota 2 circled around bad rules not letting people having basic human rights??

PS - Pls dont say "report", as we all know report system is as broken as commend system
    PS 2 - Also mind that nobody cares about noobs, you're stuck with them til the match ends, after that, nobody REALLY cares about noobs

PS 3 - Will say it once since I don't come to forums often nor plan to:
    DOTA 2 has way too much sissy prissy people and ruling. Leagues of Dota1 I played, you SCREW it up 1 time (just need to leave a game or get dc, really), you get a 1 week ban. Courtesy of a good educational system. If wanted ban removed you should go to forum and politely explain the situation, ask for ban removal, or create a new account. Either way, they were putting the (bad) player to work it up. DOTA 2 has none of that, and thats making the system worse day after day.

Just take solace in the fact that you got a win and that asshole got and abandon, increasing his chance of getting into LP and getting even more pissed off until he sorts himself out or is weeded out.

Report and move on. Report system is not totally broken; just stop wasting your reports.

Your reason for wanting to message him after the game is to start trash-talking. Do you play this game? Have you seen the amount of trash-talking that occurs within a game, especially when it is about to end? Do you actually want all that trash-talking to continue after the game has ended??? Have you tried playing any other game that allows post-game messaging, and got pretty words of encouragement instead of endless flaming?

Then you talk about being polite in this forum... is there any part of your post that's being polite? Do you think all the people asking to get their bans/mutes removed are being polite?

If I met you in a game, I would surely spend one of my precious reports on you.

Basic Member
    Sure "the asshole" doesn't have a different PoV than OP.

Basic Member
    and I can't message him out of game to say how ridiculous he is?
    since when is it ok to be an a$$ and get away with it??
    If you want to message him afterwards - that is flaming. No point.

It isn't ok to act like that, and they won't get away with it if you report them. duh
    The mute system works! Down with Toxic players!

Kill all the trees!