Thread: [Suggestion]Hybrid shop Dota1+Dota2

Basic Member

[Suggestion]Hybrid shop Dota1+Dota2

First of all,although its become a standard to use 1 universal shop(HoN,LoL),personally,i don't see a reason for it?
    Dota 1 system wasn't bad,and u don't change a winning team.

It's not like you don't have a space to put them near the fountain?
    New shop is pretty messy at first for everyone,including those who frequently played dota1(i'm one of them).
    Offcourse,like any sistem,you can get a hang of it in about 10,15 games,so i'm not trying to tell you that current shop is difficult to manage,since its not,its just a new concept,i'm trying to prove that old system is just as functional,if not even better.

Dota is not some singleplayer rpg,where time would stop if you would open a shop list.
    Here,you don't have the luxury of time to spend it into searching for an items.
    Don't bother telling me about search function,when u get to base u want to get items u want and be gone,and all of that by using your mouse,and with search function you're using a keyboard too,which may be good feature for newcomers,but its 100% not being used by anyone who played 10,20+ Dota2 games.

With a current shop,you click once to open shop,then you gotta click again to get into right catogory.
    On Dota 1 style,that action is simplified,since there is 1 less click.
    Not to mention that a size of a support shop(if u would implement one) is much bigger than the size of that button for swithing to suppport shop on current menu,so that goes faster too.

Now,dota2 shop style is much much more usefull and better than dota1 style for buying items while you aren't in base.Im guessing that the main reason these new styles are found in every dota like game.And it makes perfect sense.

Now,my suggestion is to take the best features of both:
    Dota2 shop button(in bottom right corner) stays there.Everytime u want it,u click on it and u get yourself a current dota 2 shop style(same version as currently it is in Dota2).
    However,there still are a multiple shops in base,like in dota 1(not all of them,since it can be shrunk from 8,9 to about 5,6,but those are details,im talking about a concept) in which u can buy items if u are in their range.
    Offcourse,even if u are in range of these separate shops,u still have a option not to click them,but to click a standard Dota2 shop button,which would call up a universal shop menu.

So there you have it.
    Basically,you're keeping this current system for everybody who preffer it,and still,u keep and "old school" style,for "dota1 veretans".You give players a choice
    Last edited by 4evra; 12-07-2011 at 05:59 PM.

I used to hotkey the shops so that I could buy shit if I was about to die
    This is no longer possible ):

Basic Member
    It could be if there were multiple shops
    Everything currently implented in dota 2 would stay like it,so this style of shops wont change anything.
    It would be great if Dota 1 players would get a option to choose if they want to use a new shop or keep using old one.Nostalgia

Basic Member
    well i personaly like the actual shop... im dota 1 player, hated hon shop when i tried it, but i like this one... i think that adding the smae hotkeys would be cool, but i dont know if its posible...

Basic Member
    There's no need.

Just make the new shop cleaner and more efficient

Basic Member
    I think that maybe instead of 1 shop icon on your screen, you could already have the option to have the different categories. Because right now, to buy an assault cuirass recipe, for example, I have to click shop>upgrade>defense. In dota 1, it was only shop directly.

What I'm saying is that it would be nice to have the shop icon alrdy divided. (as a preference toggle). Would make less clicks needed, imo.

Basic Member
    I actually feel pretty strongly about this. My #1 frustration with dota 2. As others have said, before it was one click and you were there to buy your item--now you have to click multiple times/go through multiple tabs in order to buy the item you want. It's pretty frustrating. :/