Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New rating site is making a toxic community

Basic Member
    quittt then

people like you are the reason we can't see our teammates's wins anymore and why the mute system got fucked up.

So annoying, if you want to cry get tissues.

Banned
    OP - Would u like some rainbows and unicorns for ur birthday ?

Quote Originally Posted by xXxPwnerxXx View Post
    I think the API terms need to change so that you are not allowed to publicly share people's information without their consent. I don't want to be judged at all. Especially not by a flawed system any joe-bloe can make.

I should be able to view my data on DotaBuff, and potentially the aggregate data (minus my data if I do no approve).
    do you have the same name ingame?
    are you sure they flamed you for the stats on that site and not your nick?

on topic, if you are already sure that system is flawed, why get bothered by it? flamers gonna flame for one reason or another, just mute like before and move on.

Banned
    Powered by Steam THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL DOTA 2 MATCHMAKING RATING. This website is in no way affiliated with Valve or Dota2. All match information is provided by users on a voluntary basis. If you wish to be removed from the database - please contact the admin team. Dota 2 is a registered trademark of Valve Corporation.

Basic Member
    He deleted his reddit thread because I called him out on how stupid the rating system is, basically assesing how many carries you play. He even renamed it to "carry rating" instead of "rating".

Terrible system but doesn't make the community more toxic at all. You think these guys are going to be nice to you because they can't go to a rating site and check a number? If they're mad enough to check that site they're going to be toxic anyway </thread>

Basic Member
    Very much deleted bro: http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/commen...2_rating_site/

Who are the admin team anyway? I didn't see that warning before (if it was even there), and still don't see who to contact.

This is a slippery slide. Soon we will have shit ratings everywhere, and the community will be extremely toxic.

Quote Originally Posted by xXxPwnerxXx View Post
    Very much deleted bro: http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/commen...2_rating_site/

Who are the admin team anyway? I didn't see that warning before (if it was even there), and still don't see who to contact.

This is a slippery slide. Soon we will have shit ratings everywhere, and the community will be extremely toxic.
    there you go http://www.valvesoftware.com/email.p...nt=Dota+2+Team hf
    If you find spelling errors, you are free to take them.

Using kda in rating calculations?

Okey...
    You're only as strong as your weakest link.
    -Thomas Reid

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan2011 View Post
    Thanks bro! I was a bit confused at first, as the site claimed not to be affiliated with Valve, but I sent the email anyway to get my dota2rating removed. After all, I doubt there are actually people that would try to purposefully mislead me.