Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New rating site is making a toxic community

Basic Member

New rating site is making a toxic community

http://www.dota2rating.info/index.ph...61198043945938

I don't want my stats on here, and there is no way to remove my profile. People are flaming me over it, and I will just quit if this isn't fixed. I am far better than what this site says, but I keep getting bad teams filled with Pinoys and Russians.

Here is another profile of a pro player. http://www.dota2rating.info/?page=76561198053977899

I doubt he would like to be given a number to represent his worth as a dota player. This site is BS.

The whole concept of boiling a player's skill down to a single numerical representation is BS anyway. MMR is as close as you can get, but there's no absolute truth to it.

This site is way far from it.

Basic Member
    I think the API terms need to change so that you are not allowed to publicly share people's information without their consent. I don't want to be judged at all. Especially not by a flawed system any joe-bloe can make.

I should be able to view my data on DotaBuff, and potentially the aggregate data (minus my data if I do no approve).

Well there is an in-game privacy settings which is your consent. It's off by default, you have to explicitly allow third-parties access to your deanonymized match data.

About to test out this site. Quite frankly I'm happy to see that there is some place left where I can get an idea of where I fall as a player ever since Valve has made it impossible to check what category your past games fall under.

Unfortunately I guess there will be now way of knowing how accurate it is.
    "Better to run, than curse the road." - Clinkz, The Bone Fletcher.

Does anyone else think that Icefrog didn't make this update?

So, I checked this out. If you only play carry or mid solo, I think its a pretty decent estimation of how well you play. However, the more support you play, the worse your rating is likely to get, for obvious reasons. (Hence why the site shows your "carry" rating).
    "Better to run, than curse the road." - Clinkz, The Bone Fletcher.

Does anyone else think that Icefrog didn't make this update?

Pretty silly. I hope we don't lose more API access due to this.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmydorry View Post
    Pretty silly. I hope we don't lose more API access due to this.
    nothing that valve will do about it.
    they have added the match sharing option.
    if you turn off the privacy then you're putting your data out there to be used by anyone - in any way that they want.

in the same way as if you turn off your steam backpack privacy so you can use a site like tf2b, you are putting your data out there for any site to access - be it a simple listing site, or be it a site that actively lets users search for a particular item.

the number of people that i've had add me on steam and try and do trades for my immortal items.
    it's the price i pay for having open privacy settings.

site only uses KDA as a measure of skill, I play support mostly so clearly my KDA is not as high as someone who only plays carry. ANd we all know carry players are the noobs. So this site makes noobs look better than they are and good support players worse than they are.

Just look at their list of best players. Everyone with high score only plays carry. Like their best 10 heros are all hard carries.
    VOLVO PLZ FIX

more importantly, the IP this site is on a couple blacklists
    i wouldn't trust it