Thread: Why can you remove Greevil names?

Basic Member

Why can you remove Greevil names?

So i just got a new "Spirited Greevil" and noticed i could remove its name.
    I checked if it was perfect (full body parts, Aura) but was still worried if i somehow
    got a non perfect Version of this Courier. So i decided to try and remove the name.
    It turned out it really is a perfect 3x Unusual Courier but now the name is only Greevil.
    So whats the sense of this? Why can i remove the name of my Greevil if its perfectly
    fine the be called "Spirited Greevil"?

e: this works with any other Greevil it seems, if you take a "Seraphic Greevil" and remove the
    name its the same. I really dont understand why this is possible and really like to have my name
    back without havin to use a name tag
    Last edited by -Mojo-; 10-12-2013 at 05:06 AM.

Basic Member
    Bump

Basic Member
    Because it's just a name probably applied by a nametag or something when it's hatched, it does this for all of them.

Why in the world were you doing it in the first place?
    Do you have an OCD or something?
    CPU: Core i5 6400 @ 3.3GHz
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX960 2GB
    RAM: 8GB DDR4 @ 1333MHz
    MB: ASUS H110M-K
    AV: n/a

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by popovich View Post
    Why in the world were you doing it in the first place?
    Do you have an OCD or something?
    i wasnt 100% sure back then if it was really a perfect Spirited Greevil, could have just been a renamed Eager Greevil
    since i had no Idea what they would look like or what their stats would be (i found pics of old perfect Spirited Greevils with different stats).
    Plus i was curious what happens
    Guess i'll have to live with that. Still, making their names unremovable would make perfect sense to me...
    Since you can't find renamed Greevils or Greevils with removed names on Dota2Lounge its also almost impossible to resell it

Well, they obviously made them in a way that the universal greevil is used, with applied attributes depending on essences.
    And since the name can only be applied via name tag, that's how they made it.
    Otherwise they'd have to make a separate greevil model for every possible combination and that would take up too much resources.
    That's why we had those problems with greevil attributes not displaying correctly before.

Also, I remember right after the Greevils appeared people posted up everything about eggs, essences and possible Greevil types.
    You could've Googled to see which one you had. Curiosity killed the cat, and it will now cost you 1 name tag.
    CPU: Core i5 6400 @ 3.3GHz
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX960 2GB
    RAM: 8GB DDR4 @ 1333MHz
    MB: ASUS H110M-K
    AV: n/a

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by popovich View Post
    Well, they obviously made them in a way that the universal greevil is used, with applied attributes depending on essences.
    And since the name can only be applied via name tag, that's how they made it.
    Otherwise they'd have to make a separate greevil model for every possible combination and that would take up too much resources.
    That's why we had those problems with greevil attributes not displaying correctly before.

Also, I remember right after the Greevils appeared people posted up everything about eggs, essences and possible Greevil types.
    You could've Googled to see which one you had. Curiosity killed the cat, and it will now cost you 1 name tag.
    you are right but as i said i saw old perfect Greevils with Different Stats check here for example Link
    My perfect (Spirited) Greevil has 16/20/60/100/16/8 value on the same stats and i thought it might somehow be missing an essence or whatever. well doesnt really matter now.
    the other thing is as soon as you hatch the egg your greevil gets his name (the one that can be removed, which is what i dont understand) and not by applying a name tag