Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Huge FPS drops since October 7 patch

woah..i thought i am the only one having this..since it coincides that i flash updated my bios and reflash my gpu. lags happens after a single game sometimes during initial launch..it started after the last patch about last week.this happens just to dota rest of the game is fine.. bf4 beta with ultra-high settings and f1 2013.so im pretty sure abt it

Okay just to let people know, I rolled my Nvidia drives back to 320.49, It didn't fix the issue but I noticed it was a little bit better.
    I was able to play a 50 minute game with a bunch of racists using the alt tab technique 7 or 8 times.

Certainly an improvement but doesn't mean I'm willing to play the game like this. The issue needs fixing.

Also a side note: The game has the most toxic community I've ever played with.
    The insulting and racism is just off the charts. Wish the game was paid, that way
    people would have something to lose if they got banned and might act like civil humans.

Basic Member
    Well, i just downloaded dota 2 test, i tried it and it works perfects, seems like the next patch will solve things.

Try opening your consoles when you're experiencing this lag spike. Mine seems to have the "Receiving uncompressed update from server" always showing up in the console log.

If I'm experiencing the same thing you guys are, I can verify that it's not related to ping/latency.

Seems to have happened to me after the most recent ~30mb update.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CrisostomoIbarra View Post
    Try opening your consoles when you're experiencing this lag spike. Mine seems to have the "Receiving uncompressed update from server" always showing up in the console log.

If I'm experiencing the same thing you guys are, I can verify that it's not related to ping/latency.

Its not lag related. Its a problems with fps drops.

Quote Originally Posted by CrisostomoIbarra View Post

It's not that issue. This is about GPU not being handled correctly by the game. I think...

Basic Member
    Guys, a friend of mine just got the solution for this issue (at least for me)

Go to the library, search for dota, right click, properties, on general tab look for "set launch options..." (where you use the -novid and -console commands) and add this line -nod3d9ex

Doing that i'm getting 60 fps everything maxed + vsync on once again.

Try this fix and tell me if this worked for you.

Didn't fix it for me unfortunatley.

It didn't seem to have any effect on the game anyway.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadath View Post
    Go to the library, search for dota, right click, properties, on general tab look for "set launch options..." (where you use the -novid and -console commands) and add this line -nod3d9ex
    Worked for me, but didn't fix the problem completely. I'm back to 60 fps but every couple seconds the framerate jumps erratically, it seems to suddenly hit 0, then shoot up to 120, then back to 60. I tried capping it at 60 but it still stops at 0 for a split second.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by someot View Post
    Worked for me, but didn't fix the problem completely. I'm back to 60 fps but every couple seconds the framerate jumps erratically, it seems to suddenly hit 0, then shoot up to 120, then back to 60. I tried capping it at 60 but it still stops at 0 for a split second.
    I'm having that problem too, but mostly it stays on 60. It's just a fix till the 6.79 patch (I tried it on Dota 2 Test and i didn't had any fps issues).