Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 41

Thread: Huge FPS drops since October 7 patch

  1. #21
    Happens on my dell xps 15 too.

    i5-2410 2.3Ghz
    6GB RAM
    NVIDIA 525M 1GB

    Getting huge fps drops randomly. Any fixes yet?

  2. #22
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonblaze5 View Post
    Happens on my dell xps 15 too.

    i5-2410 2.3Ghz
    6GB RAM
    NVIDIA 525M 1GB

    Getting huge fps drops randomly. Any fixes yet?
    Start by reading the thread, just 2 pages bro.

  3. #23
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    101
    And now, with 6.79 my game is still fucked up. Thx volvo

  4. #24
    As of 6.79 patch, this problem still continues.

    Game is constantly locked in 30 FPS after 3-4 minutes of playing from a smooth 80 FPS.

    No dev has responded or acknowledged this issue yet.

    Some professionals you are.

  5. #25
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by Judas Physicist View Post
    As of 6.79 patch, this problem still continues.

    Game is constantly locked in 30 FPS after 3-4 minutes of playing from a smooth 80 FPS.

    No dev has responded or acknowledged this issue yet.

    Some professionals you are.
    The funny part is that i dont have any fps issues on dota 2 test client, so i assumed the patch will fix our issue, but nope. I still have fps's fucked up on dota 2 and working like a charm on dota 2 test.

    Already tried verifying files and reinstalling dota.

    I just dont know why dota 2 says its using 7 gb and when I reinstalled it only get to download 4 gb. Sigh.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadath View Post
    The funny part is that i dont have any fps issues on dota 2 test client, so i assumed the patch will fix our issue, but nope. I still have fps's fucked up on dota 2 and working like a charm on dota 2 test.

    Already tried verifying files and reinstalling dota.

    I just dont know why dota 2 says its using 7 gb and when I reinstalled it only get to download 4 gb. Sigh.
    You're probably downloading compressed data which when installed becomes 7GB, so I wouldn't worry about that.

    However Dota2 Test working normal, but the main game being broken is really head scratching. Is valve using different engines for them?
    Or is it just related to the servers data transition problem everyone has been having?

  7. #27
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by Judas Physicist View Post
    You're probably downloading compressed data which when installed becomes 7GB, so I wouldn't worry about that.

    However Dota2 Test working normal, but the main game being broken is really head scratching. Is valve using different engines for them?
    Or is it just related to the servers data transition problem everyone has been having?
    It is head scratching indeed.
    The funny part is, when i'm spectating a game and I use the dropable menu (arrow on the upper left) you cant still see the game on the background right? Well, watching it through there seems to run just perfect.

    I think i found another "fix" (i Hate the -nodx9 etc thing since you cant alt+tab without making dota crash)
    If you are using w7-w8. Try uninstalling any drivers you have and let windows update download them again, I tried that and now i have 60 fps again with no problems at all.

    I'm using CCC with a Sapphire 6870.

  8. #28
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    101
    Quick bump. The last mini patch (15 minutes ago) Solved mi fps problems, hope you guys have the same luck,

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadath View Post
    Quick bump. The last mini patch (15 minutes ago) Solved mi fps problems, hope you guys have the same luck,
    its become my problem now , after mini patch my laptop drop to 8 FPS from 40 fps

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadath View Post
    Quick bump. The last mini patch (15 minutes ago) Solved mi fps problems, hope you guys have the same luck,
    Hasn't done anything for me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •