Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Huge FPS drops since October 7 patch

Basic Member
    Having the exact same issue. My dota used to run really smooth with a constant 60 fps, now it's 30-40 on the same options as before (maxed out without vsync). Changing graphic settings doesn't seem to really do any drastic improvements. I've tried to run the game with a flashy razer software called "game booster" but it doesn't do any difference really. I've tried to enter all the commands in properties like "-console -novid -noforcemanccel -nod3d9ex -high -dxlevel 81" but it doesn't really do to much. Does anyone have any advices on more things I could try?

Valve should pull their heads out of their asses and do something about this... They are a multi million company ffs

Okay I have managed to isolate the issue, it was infact CPU overheating.

I found out that the thermal grease between the CPU fan and the CPU itself had dried off
    and there was quite a bit of dust gathering on the fan.

Cleaning the dust and applying new thermal grease solved my heating issues and now the game runs fine.

It is intresting that the FPS drops were most noticable on Dota2 and TF2, but no other game.

I can't possibly believe that the thing dried out on the exact day of the patch, and this day ONLY.

Quote Originally Posted by seiyamaple View Post
    I can't possibly believe that the thing dried out on the exact day of the patch, and this day ONLY.
    Things add up over time, the dust didn't help either I guess.

And still ain't fixed

Basic Member
    Same problem. And still waiting for a solution for this. =/

I've recently developed this issue, horrible FPS drops every 30 or so seconds for up to 10 seconds in duration,
    it makes the game unplayable for me because my usual FPS is ~30 and during the drop is goes down to 5-8 FPS and that is basically a slideshow.
    Since around that time I've switched to Windows 7 from Windows XP, I thought that could be the cause.
    But now I see other people have the same problem and I don't think it's my hardware's fault.
    Just to clarify, I didn't have this issue on Windows XP Pro SP3 with the same settings.
    CPU: Core i5 6400 @ 3.3GHz
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX960 2GB
    RAM: 8GB DDR4 @ 1333MHz
    MB: ASUS H110M-K
    AV: n/a

Basic Member
    I have had this bug since the release on Linux. Can you please look in to this now Valve??
    FPS is fine for a couple of minutes (~80 FPS) and then it drops down to under 20 FPS. If i tab out of the game the FPS goes up for like a minute or so and then back down to unplayable. Also the tab thing only works like one or two times for me ...

I have tried different graphic drivers, changing graphics card, changing desktop manager, turning off/changing every possible setting in dota, runing in window, running fullscreen etc. Nothing effects this problem ...

I love this game and it works really well when this bug is not making it unplayable. Please, please, please look in to this bug. It has been around since the release of Dota 2 in Linux, it is time now.

^if you are running dota2 in linux i really recommend you to look here https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Dot...ues?state=open if your issue is already posted. If not, open another issue so the guy over @valve that are handling linux dota2 can have a closer look at it.
    If you find spelling errors, you are free to take them.

guys check temperatures
    http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=129954
    solution that worked for me i had same problem after some patch and i fixed