Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Elder titan's ancetral spirit got stuck at base

Basic Member

Elder titan's ancetral spirit got stuck at base

Hi,
    At some point of the game Elder Titan spirit got bugged and start spawning at base regardless of ET position in the game. You can check it with this replay : dota2://matchid=345436265&matchtime=3133

It's start the first time at 48.05 in game time or 52.13 replay time. AT 49.22 in game time, he lauches his spirit but this time no spirit, he just didn't spawn.
    From 48.05 till 53.13 it's bugged then suddently it's working again.

I think the problem begins a bit earlier at about 51:20 (replay time) when ET buys back.

I can actually reproduce the issue as follows...

Summary

Suppose that Elder Titan dies far away from his fountain, while his spirit is returning to him. If he then quickly buys back and casts spirit again, the spirit spawns where it would have been if it was still returning to him. If he then casts Echo Stomp just before the spirit arrives at his location, any future casts of the spirit will spawn where the spirit was during that cast of Echo Stomp. The spirit will be glitched and unable to move.

Preparation

The following cheats make reproduction easier, but are not necessary as such:

-item item_bloodstone
    -gold 99999
    -lvlup 25

Reproduction

1. Cast spirit while far away from your fountain (e.g. near the enemy base works).
    2. Move far away and wait for the spirit to come back of its own accord.
    3. When it starts coming back, die long before it arrives (bloodstone is useful for this).
    4. Instantly buyback.
    5. Cast spirit again as soon as it is off cooldown. You will notice it spawns at the wrong place, still flying towards you.
    6. Just before the spirit arrives at your location (e.g. half a second before that), cast stomp.

Result

From now on, the spirit will spawn at the location it was at in Step 6. It is unable to move.

Comments

In Step 3, you want to die as soon as possible once the spirit is flying to you, while it is still some distance away. If you die when the spirit gets near, the bug won't appear.

The spirit's spawn location in Step 5 seems like a bug in its own right.

The timing in Step 6 seems to be fairly exact. As a guide, you can stand right next to your fountain, and cast stomp just after the spirit passes between the 2 flags in the spawning area.
    Last edited by Fizz; 10-14-2013 at 06:10 PM.
    Fizz on dev.dota2.com / Jimmy M on Youtube (a pseudonym)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizz View Post
    spawns in the middle of the map (perhaps at coordinates 0,0).
    Don't we already have something like that on the list?

Quote Originally Posted by Noo View Post
    Don't we already have something like that on the list?
    Having found a way to reproduce it, I think the proximity to 0,0 was probably a coincidence. I'm going to edit that post to replace it with my reproduction steps.

So for future readers: I initially thought the spirit spawned at 0,0 in my step 5, but that's not so.
    Last edited by Fizz; 10-14-2013 at 05:18 PM.

Q: Does this bug also occur when you try to use Refresher Orb and have two spirits out at once?

Basic Member
    It's impossible to have to spirits at once since the UI replaces the summoning spell with the returning one.

The problem is that you can cast the spirit again, so if that is fixed than the bug shouldn't happen again

Quote Originally Posted by rockonrob View Post
    The problem is that you can cast the spirit again, so if that is fixed than the bug shouldn't happen again
    The spirit isn't on the map when you buyback (though we can infer it's present but hidden).

Basic Member
    It's indeed hidden. Try making the camera to follow the spirit while watching a replay or live game and after it returns to Elder Titan your camera will not quite smooth follow him instead. I guess it's made so when you cast Echo stomp w/o Ancestral Spirit casted it would automatically be casting it's part of the spell at the position of Elder Titan.

Adding.
    Please, just call me buny.