Thread: Ability to browse the shop as a spectator

Basic Member

Ability to browse the shop as a spectator

I've been speaking with a few people as a spec for a few live games, and a majority have agreed with me that the ability to browse the in-game shop while spectating would be a desirable feature.
    It would help with being able to learn the item positions without taking an extra 5 seconds in-game and would probably allow those not so familiar with dota to suss out items and recipes before playing, considering the vast majority of players would rather watch first (i'm assuming :P)
    Just an idea!

PS: Sorry if it's been mentioned somewhere, i had a little look around and saw nothing.

Yes, I agree this feature would be useful if it returned. As a new player, I found having the shop in spectating to be indispensable. It helped me to see which items people were building towards and, if I was paying enough attention to the match, why they were building it. It also helped me to learn the shop a little more quickly as opposed to firing up a practice match to peek through the shop.

good point, should be added

good idea . its really helpfull

Basic Member
    I would also like this feature.
    And on a side note, it'd also be nice to see the shop in general, ie. when the players you are spectating use the shop, we'd want to see the menue as well. No?

Basic Member
    Agree.