Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: Positive attitude

  1. #1
    Basic Member Assguard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The Rear
    Posts
    3,161

    Positive attitude

    I've acumulated over 1000 hours in dota 2 and I've been through the whole experience, pubbie's first got carried, 5 man CM stack, and AP pub cynicism, i've been happy, angry and sad about games, and i've come up with this perspective.

    If you go into matchmaking one day and somehow someone's day has been better because of you, that's enough. If you met new players who haven't quite learned mechanics, and you're capable to assemble yourself and give them advice instead of mocking and cursing them, if you can stay quiet when you're flamed, and keep yourself at an honorable standing, you truly win at matchmaking, because it's a place where mankind itself has converged in order to generate something that has kept it alive since time immemorial: teamwork, collaboration, community, friendship.
    Of course it's ridiculous since it's just a video game, but for a lot of us it's something a little more special. Once you've gone in, it takes some sort of strength to go back into matchmaking by yourself, some kind of blind leap towards potential happiness.
    But when it doesn't happen, you don't need to despair or blame it on the guy. You can instead accept it as your fate and move on to the next game.

    I don't expect to be taken seriously at all, so... say what you will.
    Spoiler: 
    I guard the rear.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Fucking Zealand
    Posts
    1,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Assguard View Post
    I don't expect to be taken seriously at all, so... say what you will.
    Welcome to Dev.dota2.com

  3. #3
    you know what makes my day? a game when my team is losing and NO ONE is blaming each other. not that a like to lose, of course not, but it's always good see people who know how to lose without become brainless children. it makes me believe in humanity again.

  4. #4
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    59
    ^^ this

    Its also refreshing to see a team that is stomping, actually finish the damn game and just push instead of taking their sweet time to farm and camp the fountain.

  5. #5
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Sri Lanka
    Posts
    189
    Quote Originally Posted by Assguard View Post
    I've acumulated over 1000 hours in dota 2 and I've been through the whole experience, pubbie's first got carried, 5 man CM stack, and AP pub cynicism, i've been happy, angry and sad about games, and i've come up with this perspective.

    If you go into matchmaking one day and somehow someone's day has been better because of you, that's enough. If you met new players who haven't quite learned mechanics, and you're capable to assemble yourself and give them advice instead of mocking and cursing them, if you can stay quiet when you're flamed, and keep yourself at an honorable standing, you truly win at matchmaking, because it's a place where mankind itself has converged in order to generate something that has kept it alive since time immemorial: teamwork, collaboration, community, friendship.
    Of course it's ridiculous since it's just a video game, but for a lot of us it's something a little more special. Once you've gone in, it takes some sort of strength to go back into matchmaking by yourself, some kind of blind leap towards potential happiness.
    But when it doesn't happen, you don't need to despair or blame it on the guy. You can instead accept it as your fate and move on to the next game.

    I don't expect to be taken seriously at all, so... say what you will.
    I used to live by those words many years ago, when the friends I played with were well mannered, so those standards could be maintained. Over time, my older friends stopped playing DotA as frequently as they used to. So, I made new friends to play with. Unfortunately, they aren't half as well mannered. Whilst I hardly join in on their habits, I turn a blind eye.

    I suppose it comes down to how sensitive you are to negative comments. People who aren't so sensitive don't realise how it impacts other players, and since it doesn't impact them much, they don't mind it being done to them either.

  6. #6
    Basic Member ZeroCool22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina.
    Posts
    1,096

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    154
    Potato is very awesome, it can be made to Chip, Fries, Balls, and so much more.
    tl;dr Potato is awesome.

  8. #8
    Basic Member auygurbalik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Under the Gabe's bed
    Posts
    1,909
    Positive attitude cant grant you nice MM, but can decrease the nasty events you may face.

    Nice game>nice attitude>nice MM
    Bad game>nice attitude>Didnt work>bad game> bad MM
    Bad game>nice attitude>Did work>nice game(whether you lose or win)>nice MM

    Positive attitude may turn bad game to a fun lose, and fun game to best friendly game. But you must understand some people relieve with cursing the feeder.
    Last edited by auygurbalik; 10-08-2013 at 10:13 AM.


  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by auygurbalik View Post
    Positive attitude may turn bad game to a fun lose.
    this.

    once, my friends and I were being completely stomped. but the other team started to slow down, they could have finished the game in 20min and it was like 35 min already and we were wasting time in a pretty much lost game. soo, we had this awesome idea of playing fountain enemy soccer. basically, you use smoke and cross the entire map until the enemy fountain to score a goal, obviously!

    this game was one of the worst and best games I've ever played. we lose badly but it was so funny. I will never forget my friend playing ogre-magi juking the enemy players to kill himself (GOAAAAAAAAAL) at their fountain. I should have download this match lol

  10. #10
    Basic Member Racerkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    318
    Quote Originally Posted by Elleanor_ View Post
    this.

    once, my friends and I were being completely stomped. but the other team started to slow down, they could have finished the game in 20min and it was like 35 min already and we were wasting time in a pretty much lost game. soo, we had this awesome idea of playing fountain enemy soccer. basically, you use smoke and cross the entire map until the enemy fountain to score a goal, obviously!

    this game was one of the worst and best games I've ever played. we lose badly but it was so funny. I will never forget my friend playing ogre-magi juking the enemy players to kill himself (GOAAAAAAAAAL) at their fountain. I should have download this match lol

    Wow ..they should make this as a custom mini game.
    When once all base raxes are down. Custom mini game option comes up in game.

    Do u want to play mini kill urself at enemy fountain soccer?
    Players who click yes can play this.

    LMAO .. ill try this out in my next game where i get stomped.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •