Thread: WePlay Dota 2 #2 DotaTV EG vs NaVi - issue DotaTV server: Zhongxin, China

Basic Member

WePlay Dota 2 #2 DotaTV EG vs NaVi - issue DotaTV server: Zhongxin, China

Hi. How do I manually select which DotaTV server i connect to? I get routed to a DotaTV server in China and its so laggy for me. Same thing happened to me during TI3. I couldn't watch matches in DotaTV because it was so laggy.
    I posted a thread like this one during TI3 and i got no reply. I only watch games on DotaTV because I really hate twitch and right now twitch is much better than DotaTV.

TI3 thread: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=101198

i also have tickets to other tournaments since TI3 and this is the first time this happened to me. Can i get routed to an SG Dotatv server instead? The Great Firewall of China is fcked up

Basic Member
    RaidCall, Netolic, ESWC, MLG and previous WePlay games were all fine when i watched them. I checked out my proxy and i found out im connecting to a Zhongxin, China server. So I guess thats the problem

anyway, im going to leave it on and just alt+tab, do other stuff and hope i win tournament items. i'll just download the replay later and watch it without lag.
    Last edited by weedkid; 10-18-2013 at 09:59 AM.

Basic Member
    update: just finished watching EG vs Flipside. no lag. i hope i never get the china dotatv server ever again.