Thread: [Confirmed] Death Ward problems (compared to Moon Glaives)

Basic Member

[Confirmed] Death Ward problems (compared to Moon Glaives)

Luna recently received a buff to her glaives allowing them to bounce back on the same units if they already hit all other units nearby. This is (roughly) in parity with DotA 1 (in DotA 1 there are certain requirements which I am not sure have carried over).

Witch Doctor's ultimate Death Ward also bounces (1 time at level 3; 1 time at level 2 with sceptre; 4 times at level 3 with sceptre), but has not been changed to bounce back (it does so in DotA 1). I think this should be changed to be in line with Luna's bouncing attacks because:

• It would make an often overlooked hero more viable (level 3 with sceptre might even need a slight nerf).
    • It would behave the same as his other bouncing skill (Paralysing cask) ito the bouncing component.
    • It would mean that bouncing attacks behave the same (easier for people to learn etc.).

Another problem with Death Ward is when it is cancelled travelling projectiles will not deal damage (or continue to bounce), which is a significant problem since Death Ward is often cancelled quickly.

A relevant, if old, source - some of the bugs have been fixed (those to do with paralysing cask and blink/invi, apparently).

Reddit post

A relevant (dev forum) link

p.s.

• I know he has been picked a few times recently, but he is still very much a fringe pick.
    • I said level 3 with sceptre might need a nerf (if bouncing back was implemented) because, given 2 targets, the main target would take 1800 damage/second and the secondary target, 1200 damage/second (obv such large numbers would decrease as the number of targets increased).
    Last edited by ephemeral; 10-21-2013 at 05:55 AM. Reason: A little extra information

All this issues are already reported and in the list.
    Please, just call me buny.

Basic Member
    The issue is Bouncing back of projectiles from deathward the OP is trying to State......
    Not the other ones which already exist on the lists.
    WD Ultimate is pretty UP(due to bugs already existing in the list but the bounce back part which is significant) if you are a WD player from Wc3 Dota Due to the projectiles not bouncing back Since luna & WD was also debated in the Intended List (which was in discussion)
    Its his damn ultimate..

Last edited by Sharkslayer; 05-07-2014 at 07:38 AM.
    つ ◕_◕ ༽ つ Give Solo Queue Back! Pls

Added the bouncing back part to the list.
    Please, just call me buny.