Thread: [Confirmed] Rubick stealing Brewmaster ultimate also gives him Drunken Brawler

Basic Member

[Confirmed] Rubick stealing Brewmaster ultimate also gives him Drunken Brawler

Summary: If you steal Brewmaster's ultimate with Rubick, you'll also get the Drunken Brawler passive (enabling you to crit and probably also dodge)

Repro steps: Pick Rubick, steal Brewmasters ultimate.

Result: Rubick gets the Drunken Brawler buff

Expected results: Rubick only get the ultimate.

Aghanim's Primal Split gives the spirits Brewmaster's spell. Did Brew have an Aghanim's?
    Please, just call me buny.

Basic Member
    More like "did Rubick have an aghanim" since rubick w/o aghs is unable to steal upgraded Brew's spell anyway.

He should get the ulti with all the subskills but not the drunken brawler for the hero (unlike old mortal strike / new trueshot aura which are passive/active skills in 1 and it's quite logical). Nice find.

Summary: rubick should get brew's subskills for the ulti, but not drunken brawler for the hero.

He also gets drunken brawler for the hero independent of whether it's an agh version or a usual version.
    Last edited by Caleb; 10-21-2013 at 05:24 PM.

Basic Member
    Yeah, when it happened ingame I thought it was due to my Aghanim's, but when I tested it out in a private lobby right after, I found out that it also happens when neither of the heroes has Aghanim's.

Basic Member
    Bump. Still there.

Basic Member
    It probably happened when they fixed Rubick to have the proper level abilities during aghanim brewmaster's ult. For ults like this (Luna, Brewmaster) I bet in code they give rubick the abilities the spell is based off of in their entirety and just hide the abilities from the UI so Rubick can't pick them to cast. This time though one of the abilities the ult is based off of is a passive, so it doesn't matter that rubick can't see or select it in his UI.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Obilisk View Post
    It probably happened when they fixed Rubick to have the proper level abilities during aghanim brewmaster's ult. For ults like this (Luna, Brewmaster) I bet in code they give rubick the abilities the spell is based off of in their entirety and just hide the abilities from the UI so Rubick can't pick them to cast. This time though one of the abilities the ult is based off of is a passive, so it doesn't matter that rubick can't see or select it in his UI.
    Most likely this.

Why did it never happen with spirit breaker's greater bash, though? (synergy for nether strike)

Basic Member
    There just was an update. He still gets drunken brawler as a passive... But only when he has aghanim's.

LOL.

Those ninja fixes.

Still wrong. The behavior should be the same as for spirit breaker's greater bash (stealing it only as a synergy for ulti but not the passive)