Thread: Add and option to select your Match Ready sound

Add and option to select your Match Ready sound

Somewhat abruptly, Valve changed the start up sound from a loud crash of music to drums that start off quiet, but get louder.

However, a lot of people do not like this change, as the new sound is harder to hear through other noises (such as music) and isn't as distinct. It also cuts out abruptly when the match starts, because it goes on too long.

And option in the menu to select our match ready sound would be nice. This way people can have the old one if they want, or use the new one. It would also allow for different ones in the future, maybe even goofy ones like a car honk or something (maybe even sold as items?).

Basic Member
    In addition if we could get a volume slider for this, that'd be spectacular. I'd prefer to be able to mute it over anything else.

Basic Member
    Everyone has complained about the strangely loud crash sound. Now it's a strangely long drum roll that isn't stopped even when you Ready up. I mute all sounds and I can't escape this massively annoying "feature" that was evidently bad enough to change. Please change it again and also fix it.

I don't have a problem with the new sound. While I don't find it 'appealing', I don't think that matters much. Being able to adjust the volume seems like a good idea. While we're on that, can we adjust the sound of broadcasters as opposed to regular voice chat users?
    I will mercilessly add to my ignore list anyone that makes an incredibly annoying signature.

I loved the old sound, but this new one is quiet and boring. I liked that the old one was loud so you knew your game was ready if you go get a drink or something. I'd love to be able to change it back to the old one. Volume slider is a good idea too.

Quote Originally Posted by pyruvate63 View Post
    I loved the old sound, but this new one is quiet and boring. I liked that the old one was loud so you knew your game was ready if you go get a drink or something. I'd love to be able to change it back to the old one. Volume slider is a good idea too.
    Everything is said.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pyruvate63 View Post
    You sir have my vote...

Well valve always added a bunch of random sounds without saying anything eg. buyback.
    Soon enough they'll change it again.

+1 to old sound though

Before I could take my headphones off and do something eles, get water, whaterver and still hear when it was ready... Now it's over... Plain and boring... please Valve bring back the bong!!! Seriously!!