View Poll Results: Should real time spectating be enabled as a friend only feature?

Voters
460. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

131 28.48%
  • No

329 71.52%
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Real time spectating with no delay

Basic Member
    My two cents:

NO - to the idea of 0 delay spectating with DIRECTED/FREE/HERO CHASE view ESPECIALLY in friend games ( seriously, when would the chance of someone abusing the 0 delay be higher )

SOUNDS GOOD - to the upcoming separate "mentoring" fuction.

This would only be okay in a practice match, where everyone can clearly see that the delay has been removed as an option.

People don't seem to understand that 0 delay friend spectating would of course have it's vision locked to that team. No one is suggesting anything else. Zero chance of abuse, unless you wanna troll your own friends.

Basic Member
    I don't agree. This is a free maphack, think about it. Skype with a friend who is spectating, and can tell you everything about the match.

Quote Originally Posted by LmNBaldeR View Post
    I don't agree. This is a free maphack, think about it. Skype with a friend who is spectating, and can tell you everything about the match.
    No, he can only tell you everything about a match that you already see because thats all the spectator is seeing. They would be LOCKED to their friends team's vision.

Banned
    Least priority thing, for now simple no.

Basic Member
    Having a friend on vent/skype

- calling miss
    - telling you to back
    - checking if enemy got dust/gem
    - checking if enemy wasted ultimates on your team while you were farming/killing someone solo then sayin "go they have nothing" still helps a lot.
    Last edited by Legal; 12-16-2011 at 10:05 PM.

Basic Member
    This should be implemented.

I have a total of 5 players I usually play with, and we should be able to team up 5 for a Matchmaking game and have the other one spectating, so he can help us get better.

Ofc, he will only see what we see, not what opponents see. That would not make it a maphack.

This wasn't implemented in Dota1, but I hope it can be implemented now!

Later edit:

The amount of "no" votes should be ignored. It is post either by players who don't understand the concept of spectating friends only, or by noobs who can't wait to blame an extra set of eyes for their lack of skill.

This type of spectating SHOULD be impelmented. Dota 1 teams have coaches/managers who simply watch their replays and tells them where things go wrong. Now all those things can work live.

And also, when I have some friends in-game and I hear them on skype, it's very annoying that I can't follow the game.

Also, for all those who believe that this is giving a "new maphack" to players, please consider that the delay of the actual spectating system is 3 minutes (I think), and the wards last 6 minutes. So a spectator can deny someones map awareness.

And for the noobs who say it's pointless to spectate only one team: stop playing dota.
    Last edited by boieru; 12-17-2011 at 02:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoid View Post
    Directed camera needs a minimum ten second delay in order to function. Would this be acceptable as a possible option for practice games?
    I think this would be gooooooooooood! since I am missing in practice games the feature! And 10 secs arent the whole world thou.
    Born to be Awesome.

Basic Member
    @ontopic
    It's quite a good idea if the person is able spectate with team / hero vision only.

@offtopic
    Well, it can start a new game mode. Something like 'commander' mode. One player who can zoom out map a bit and command others might be an interesting feature. He/she may be able to ping and draw on map.