View Poll Results: Is the community Happy?

Voters
1323. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm satisfied

253 19.12%
  • No, I'm not happy.

1,070 80.88%
Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the Community Happy?

US english AKA Mexico AKA South America AJAJAJA
    Quote Originally Posted by horrent66 View Post
    how the fuck did you play dota 1 then? it didn't change any faster that dota 2?
    i didn't play dota 1
    big plays
    i'm keeping the gif because it's so awful

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by loewen View Post
    i didn't play dota 1
    No comment on your lack of experience.

respect 0 by valve

Many (most?) of the longer-term players I know are not really happy with Dota2, and only play it because they have nothing else to play really. Un-finished game modes and heroes, lackluster match-making, poor mute/ban system, bad region/language filtering and the 1200+ unfixed bugs are what cause the most upset.

Valve is too much of a "metrics" driven company. The problem is, they don't seem to really have a way to quantify player happiness (besides the 1-5 star thing at the end of matches, which is useless as many people will just instantly click 1 star on any remotely bad game). They see the player count increasing, they see shop sales increasing, and they see reports going down (because people have less reports to spend) and think they're doing everything right. Compounded with the fact that Valve's modus operandi is to ignore their customers/players and never communicate with them. You see this with the Half-Life community, and you see it with the Dota2 community as well.

US english AKA Mexico AKA South America AJAJAJA
    Quote Originally Posted by horrent66 View Post
    No comment on your lack of experience.
    the only thing i'm experiencing is the fact that half of my teammates don't even speak the same language as me.

winning isn't based off skill, it's based off whether or not the noob on your team is worse than theirs, or how many selfish people who don't even speak the language they chose are on each team. it's ridiculous that this is even allowed to happen in a game focused on teamwork. every game feels one sided and it's not even fun because i can't work with half my team outside of just pinging and hoping they even care. hint: they don't care about communicating so they probably won't.

gg volvo.
    big plays
    i'm keeping the gif because it's so awful

Basic Member
    fuck volvo, volvo disban

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kgst View Post
    Bad time for a poll, you should have asked "are you happy that there is no diretide yet?" Because that's how people are going to answer.
    yeah i think this is a bad time but i have this feeling for such a long time, especially cuz of matchmaking tho

Banned
    "Matchmaking system is broke cuz ppl with 20wins are matched with ppl with 600wins." You do realise, that WIN's has nothing to do with skill. I have 38 wins, and I can beat your ass anytime. The game is great, Valve did the best they could. The matchmaking is great, the report system is less abusable, everything works as intended. Gj Valve

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanLocomotive View Post
    Many (most?) of the longer-term players I know are not really happy with Dota2, and only play it because they have nothing else to play really. Un-finished game modes and heroes, lackluster match-making, poor mute/ban system, bad region/language filtering and the 1200+ unfixed bugs are what cause the most upset.

Valve is too much of a "metrics" driven company. The problem is, they don't seem to really have a way to quantify player happiness (besides the 1-5 star thing at the end of matches, which is useless as many people will just instantly click 1 star on any remotely bad game). They see the player count increasing, they see shop sales increasing, and they see reports going down (because people have less reports to spend) and think they're doing everything right. Compounded with the fact that Valve's modus operandi is to ignore their customers/players and never communicate with them. You see this with the Half-Life community, and you see it with the Dota2 community as well.
    thats exactly how I feel, and I get the feeling that's a Valve thing, since the earlier days in dota 1 I had the feeling that IceFrog really cared about the community hence the changelogs. We used to play a direct role in the changelog, as insane as it sounds, everything about it, the nerfs, the buffs, the icon changes, everything was posted on playdota.com and actually listened. Now days things are just ridiculous. I think that frog closed his mind to the competitive side of the game (wich by no means is a bad thing) but he did it with no regard with the community side of things.
    The changes that we're seeing today is all about changing the meta game on competitive games with no regards to what happen in public games, wich is, in great part the game itself.

I just feel left in a hotel room with a large anal cavity.
    Last edited by miidz1t0; 10-30-2013 at 10:52 PM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shit-Pickle View Post
    "Matchmaking system is broke cuz ppl with 20wins are matched with ppl with 600wins." You do realise, that WIN's has nothing to do with skill. I have 38 wins, and I can beat your ass anytime. The game is great, Valve did the best they could. The matchmaking is great, the report system is less abusable, everything works as intended. Gj Valve
    yeah bro, no. u're just twisting my words around.