View Poll Results: Is the community Happy?

Voters
1323. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm satisfied

253 19.12%
  • No, I'm not happy.

1,070 80.88%
Page 36 of 46 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the Community Happy?

Basic Member
    fuck em

Basic Member
    "i heard about this valve employee got threatened cuz all of this rage on the community"
    "omfg srsly?!"
    "totally"

10/10

Quote Originally Posted by IjustcantsayNothing View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, LoL had "pioneered" something quite similar in their first season. Good try though.
    Except dota had captains mode before LoL existed...

Merged another set of "mood" posts...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryil- View Post
    Merged another set of "mood" posts...
    YOU'RE A MOOD!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by horrent66 View Post
    I'm sorry.
    You grouped yourself again.
    Like you still deserve credit.
    Selected few.
    Helped DotA become what it is.
    Einstein was part of a community.
    So does the community deserve credit for his research.
    No.
    What.
    No.
    Are you some sort of stupid? No one here cares about credit. We only care about the game.
    Now crawl back in your hole and keep on hoping someone notices your valvewhoring.

Quote Originally Posted by Rice_22 View Post
    You're wrong. Icefrog is CLEARLY the most important developer in all of DotA's history, and if you think otherwise you're clearly not a DotA player for very long.
    Surely if I wasn't an experienced dota player then I would be bewildered to find out there were other developers before Icefrog. Surely a new player would think this game was made purely by Icefrog, or that he had the main contribution as opposed to having a different opinion.
    Your statement is wholly counter intuitive and silly.

Icefrog has been head dev for SEVEN years, Guinsoo in comparison has been active for ONE.
    Time=/= contribution. Icefrog updates like twice a year. Unlike previous Devs who were more frequent. Icefrog took over doto at 6.01 Guinsoo's final release.
    We are now at 6.79, so he has 78 versions to his name, the abcde on a version is simply where the changes were finalized or fixed so are discounted. http://www.playdota.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107546 as you can see from here Dota allstars goes way back, before Icefrog there were in this archive 71 maps Icefrog has made 78 maps. However then when you go over the basic content, after around the 6.0 changelogs only become balance related, and by 6.5 there were very few additions. The majority of heroes were not in the later patches.
    http://www.gosugamers.net/forums/top...f-dota-part-1/ you might find it interesting

Let's just see the heroes created under Icefrog's time:

Admiral, Ancient Apparition, Batrider, Bloodseeker (Remade), Centaur Warchief, Dark Seer, Disruptor, Ember Spirit, Faerie Dragon, Geomancer, Goblin Shredder, Grand Magus, Guardian Wisp, Gyrocopter, Holy Knight (Remade), Invoker (Remade), Legion Commander, Lifestealer (Remade), Lightning Revenant (Remade), Lord of Avernus, Murloc Nightcrawler, Netherdrake (Remade), Obsidian Destroyer, Phoenix, Pit Lord, Priestess of the Moon, Sacred Warrior, Shadow Demon, Spiritbreaker (Remade), Silencer (Remade), Skywrath Mage, Spectre, Storm Spirit, Tauren Chieftain, Templar Assassin, Tuskarr, Twin-Headed Dragon, Undying, Warlock, Windrunner, Witch Doctor.
    Much of this list is copy and pasted from a link that was proved to be invalid. Also many of these were not made by Icefrog, but implemented by him, meaning it could have any developer at the time and they would of got "the credit" for it, when really it goes to the guy who designed that hero. For example Twin-Headed Dragon was picked out of a hero contest that was ran ages ago. So this list is flawed.

The above are some of the best, most creative yet simple hero concepts in any AoS. The other great ideas comes from Neichus (with Icefrog). For Neichus' sake I'll post HIS heroes as well:

Axe, Bristleback, Earthshaker, Enchantress, Enigma, Necro’lic, Nerubian Weaver, Phantom Lancer, Shadow Fiend, the first Spiritbreaker and Stone Giant.
    Correct list Earthshaker, Tiny, Chen 2.0, Stealth Assassin 2.0, Phantom Lancer, Enchantress, Enigma, Axe, Shadow Fiend, Visage 2.0, Nerubian Weaver, Bloodseeker and Dazzle
    DotA's esports scene also, most of it was thriving under Icefrog's reign. Icefrog also pioneered the ban-pick Captain's Mode, tweaked jungle creeps and Roshan, changed items from the random jumble there were during Guinsoo, streamlined loading times and actually went out to make contact with the then-enigmatic Chinese DotA community.
    Dota esports existed way before Icefrog, and a single mode does not create a game. The idea of pick ban had existed way before icefrog
    He's the god of DotA, and he deserves every bit of your respect.
    He is not the god of DotA, and he does not deserve my respect
    http://wiki.gosugamers.net/dota2/History_of_DotA
    Also just so you know, the first major competitive version was 5.84 and was what made Dota popular, and after Icefrog took over, it wasn't until 6.27 that any even bothered take the slightest bit of interest. Guinsoo also set up community sites etc
    Bold Iceknight

Quote Originally Posted by legor View Post
    Are you some sort of stupid? No one here cares about credit. We only care about the game.
    Now crawl back in your hole and keep on hoping someone notices your valvewhoring.
    You are just making yourself look like an arse. I urge you to delete all of your posts.
    Last edited by Crowfeather; 11-03-2013 at 02:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    Nope. Windows Explorer is not a database
    Take a look into the mirror! You think you are completely unfailable. With your limited knowledge, you think that you know more than someone who is very deep in the matter/an expert.

Basic Member
    For example pick ban was done in lobby chat before the mode was implemented. Icefrog only coded it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by legor View Post
    No one cares about credit.
    Hmm.
    Fuck IceFrog then yeah.
    He is nothing.
    cause fuck credit.
    Legit.
    L2P.

Banned
    I am not happy. About what?

Matchmaking is pure shit the worst in any game I have ever played
    Mute system is idiotic and brings more harm than good and is 100% completely UNNEEDED CAUSE WE HAVE A MANUAL MUTE BUTTON
    No content for months other than fucking cosmetics absolutely disgusting