View Poll Results: Is the community Happy?

Voters
1323. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm satisfied

253 19.12%
  • No, I'm not happy.

1,070 80.88%
Page 1 of 44 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the Community Happy?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member

Angry Is the Community Happy?

Just a really simple easy question.

Between everything that is going on inside the game,
    Matchmaking system, updates, patchlogs, heroes, etc.

Cuz honestly I only play the game out of addiction, althought I love this game it pains me to see where we at.
    I'm playing for 5 years now and right now this is the worst place I've ever seen the game.
    I think that the matchmaking system is just broken, ppl with 20 games playing against ppl with 600+ games, just outta of win %.
    You're stuck with new players against tryharders and you're just having a bad time with nothing that you can do...

The game is (dota 2) almost 3 years out already and we still having missing heroes from dota 1, and I don't work for Valve and I can't say what the heck is going on inside their office but I can't help the feeling that they're only working on cosmetics.
    I don't even know wtf is happening right now cuz they don't communicate with the community.

I would rather have a pay2play game with decent content updated every week/moth instead of having what we have right now.
    90% of the community is waiting for Diretide and cyborgmatt (maybe trolling, idk) already posted on twitter that its not going to happen.
    We haven't got new heroes or events or anything for a really long time.

I'm not crying or anything (yes I am), I just want to know how many people share this feeling (playing out of pure addiction, not even enjoyining the game anymore)

I know that nothing that I said matter cuz I'm going to keep playing the game no matter what, cuz I'm so addicted to it and as long as people are playing they don't give a shit about what we think about their game.

tl;dr daed gaem

Banned
    Vote yes if you don't want to feel Lord Gaben's wrath

Many (most?) of the longer-term players I know are not really happy with Dota2, and only play it because they have nothing else to play really. Un-finished game modes and heroes, lackluster match-making, poor mute/ban system, bad region/language filtering and the 1200+ unfixed bugs are what cause the most upset.

Valve is too much of a "metrics" driven company. The problem is, they don't seem to really have a way to quantify player happiness (besides the 1-5 star thing at the end of matches, which is useless as many people will just instantly click 1 star on any remotely bad game). They see the player count increasing, they see shop sales increasing, and they see reports going down (because people have less reports to spend) and think they're doing everything right. Compounded with the fact that Valve's modus operandi is to ignore their customers/players and never communicate with them. You see this with the Half-Life community, and you see it with the Dota2 community as well.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanLocomotive View Post
    Many (most?) of the longer-term players I know are not really happy with Dota2, and only play it because they have nothing else to play really. Un-finished game modes and heroes, lackluster match-making, poor mute/ban system, bad region/language filtering and the 1200+ unfixed bugs are what cause the most upset.

Valve is too much of a "metrics" driven company. The problem is, they don't seem to really have a way to quantify player happiness (besides the 1-5 star thing at the end of matches, which is useless as many people will just instantly click 1 star on any remotely bad game). They see the player count increasing, they see shop sales increasing, and they see reports going down (because people have less reports to spend) and think they're doing everything right. Compounded with the fact that Valve's modus operandi is to ignore their customers/players and never communicate with them. You see this with the Half-Life community, and you see it with the Dota2 community as well.
    thats exactly how I feel, and I get the feeling that's a Valve thing, since the earlier days in dota 1 I had the feeling that IceFrog really cared about the community hence the changelogs. We used to play a direct role in the changelog, as insane as it sounds, everything about it, the nerfs, the buffs, the icon changes, everything was posted on playdota.com and actually listened. Now days things are just ridiculous. I think that frog closed his mind to the competitive side of the game (wich by no means is a bad thing) but he did it with no regard with the community side of things.
    The changes that we're seeing today is all about changing the meta game on competitive games with no regards to what happen in public games, wich is, in great part the game itself.

I just feel left in a hotel room with a large anal cavity.
    Last edited by miidz1t0; 10-30-2013 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanLocomotive View Post
    this

Basic Member
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ <snip> volve
    Last edited by DarkLite; 10-31-2013 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Mod Edit: Removed obscenity.

Basic Member
    4 months of no heroes.
    Only hats, so many hats.

DED GAEM

Basic Member
    4 months of no heroes.
    wow im so happy

Banned
    4 months of playing a game that changes everyday and yet no one realises it. oh no!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by horrent66 View Post
    4 months of playing a game that changes everyday and yet no one realises it. oh no!
    Horrent you really fucking piss me off sometimes, I only ever see you disagreeing with people on posts. You are the biggest volvo knight I've ever seen, and it's not like you have good reason to be (unless valve are paying you).

But every time I see you reply you always miss out key features, such as, yes the game does still change every day. But it sure as hell doesn't change nearly as much as it used to! (Heroes, game modes etc etc etc). So just get off your high horse and stop disagreeing with everyone on every post ever made on this forum.

If you have an opinion, then fine, but you don't need to spout the same shit in every topic ever created.
    Last edited by idgaf; 10-31-2013 at 03:08 AM.