View Poll Results: Should 5 man parties be forced to play Team Matckmaking?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    43 42.16%
  • No

    59 57.84%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 37

Thread: Should 5 man parties be forced to play Team Matckmaking?

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    143
    Well I think a 'pub stomp' is only when a group of 5 friends going against 5 players who don't know each other. The 5 friends have an advantage because they'll usually have better communication and teamwork. We're kind of going in circles here now, lol.

  2. #12
    Basic Member Kryil-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    8,065
    Quote Originally Posted by CuntDestroyer View Post
    Well I think a 'pub stomp' is only when a group of 5 friends going against 5 players who don't know each other. The 5 friends have an advantage because they'll usually have better communication and teamwork. We're kind of going in circles here now, lol.
    If the 5 ALL don't know each other, why didn't they tick solo queue to avoid the 5 man stack? If there are smaller parties against a 5 man party it's fine as long as there is an elo disadvantage for the 5 man stack, but AFAIK that's not the case.
    Last edited by Kryil-; 11-08-2013 at 09:14 AM.
    If you think I've closed or deleted a post unjustified, feel free to PM me and I'll explain it to you/discuss it with you further.

  3. #13
    Basic Member nadaga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,341
    That's actually not a terrible idea mr CuntDestroyer, but nah. They should able to play pub BUT with other 5 man stacks.

    As it looks now, they could fight any kind of combination of players and i certainly got my fair share of losses from this.

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    no
    Posts
    21,959
    If TMM gets improved, then this idea isn't too bad, I can see it working well.

  5. #15
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    485
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryil- View Post
    If the 5 ALL don't know each other, why didn't they tick solo queue to avoid the 5 man stack? If there are smaller parties against a 5 man party it's fine as long as there is an elo disadvantage for the 5 man stacjm but AFAIK that's not the case.
    What if you are with one friend. Do you think that a 5 man stack should be matched against a 2-1-2 or 2-1-1-1 team in wich most problably people speak two or three different languages?

  6. #16
    Basic Member Kryil-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    8,065
    Quote Originally Posted by django28 View Post
    What if you are with one friend. Do you think that a 5 man stack should be matched against a 2-1-2 or 2-1-1-1 team in wich most problably people speak two or three different languages?
    Languages have nothing to do with that.
    And yes, I think a 5 man stack should be matched against 2-1-2 (or rather 2-3, as I think everyone playing alone should tick solo queue), while the 5 man stack should have a lower average MMR.
    If you think I've closed or deleted a post unjustified, feel free to PM me and I'll explain it to you/discuss it with you further.

  7. #17
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan2011 View Post
    ehm last time i checked, 5man partys were paired vs 5man partys. If this is not true anymore, well we might have a problem here.
    posting here just to confirm it's not the case.
    yesterday I was with 2 friend in a party and we searched for CM, we played with 2 solo guys vs a 5 man party (their picks were trash, so it was ok)

  8. #18
    Basic Member nadaga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,341
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryil- View Post
    Languages have nothing to do with that.
    And yes, I think a 5 man stack should be matched against 2-1-2 (or rather 2-3, as I think everyone playing alone should tick solo queue), while the 5 man stack should have a lower average MMR.
    Fair enough if players choose to fight with stacks, we might as well let them BUT soloq is not really viable since valve hid it (least in vhigh especially if you like less popular modes).

    So what should i do ?

    1. Tick it and play with newbies (not saying this because i am full of myself)
    2. Not tick it and deal with stacks

    At any rate i would still suggest matching similar group of players together, just because they are up for it, doesn't mean it's a good idea.

  9. #19
    Basic Member frankles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryil- View Post
    Languages have nothing to do with that.
    And yes, I think a 5 man stack should be matched against 2-1-2 (or rather 2-3, as I think everyone playing alone should tick solo queue), while the 5 man stack should have a lower average MMR.
    I disagree. They should have the same total MMR. If people were taking this game seriously then they would communicate.

    Being in a stack of 5 isn't always as advantageous as you think. Sometimes you only invite 1 person to a party and that 1 person suggests you invite this other person you dont know and that person suggests another. Then your "5 man stack" basically has the same communication as a 2-2-1 team.

    But no need for me to complain because a long time ago I've already read some dev post reviewing some match ID's people have been posting which confirmed that 5 man stacks are still matched with same total MMR (or close to)

  10. #20
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    641
    Quote Originally Posted by nadaga View Post
    Fair enough if players choose to fight with stacks, we might as well let them BUT soloq is not really viable since valve hid it (least in vhigh especially if you like less popular modes).

    So what should i do ?

    1. Tick it and play with newbies (not saying this because i am full of myself)
    2. Not tick it and deal with stacks


    At any rate i would still suggest matching similar group of players together, just because they are up for it, doesn't mean it's a good idea.
    Solo queue is not separate from the normal queue.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •